Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ran at the drag strip Friday evening.....ran my Dynolicious iPhone app earlier that day.

Pretty darn close. Next time I'm at the track I will run the Dynolicious WHILE doing an actual times track 1/4 mile. See how they compare that way. Because I know the conditions between the track and where I was running my app are a little different.

I will still surprised by the app.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
PS- On the timeslip I'm the 15.5 on the right.

Also, 2008 Double Cab, 5.7L, 4wd, tow package, 3/2 spacer lift, stock TRD rims, 35" Nitto Trail Grappler tires. AFE intake, and OBX long tube headers. Full dual exhaust w/ single set of cats and 26" powerstick mufflers. These runs were also done with codes being thrown from a bad left bank upstream A/F sensor. So not only was it running like shit, I could not turn off traction control.

Before I installed the headers I was running 16.7 seconds in the quarter. Next Friday I will probably be at the track again because I am having an H pipe installed this week......oh, and I finally replaced the bad A/F meter so it's not throwing codes anymore. I'd love to get a 15 even. We shall see. I'll report back.

This was done in Las Vegas. Temps are in the air temp is in the 90s. Low humidity.

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
I still have one of the first GTech boxes, the ones that looked like radar detectors. It used to get the ET within a tenth or so, but trap speed was always optimistic....about 3 mph too high. Also, any deviation from a smooth launch and run, such as wheelhop, would cause more error.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I remember reading a few years ago about Dynolicious being more accurate than the Gtech, which was unthinkable for a $10 app.

I have a spare iphone (that my kiddo plays with) with Dynolicious on it, and I never seem to have it with me when I can do a run. I also have Torque on my Toshiba thrive that does timed runs.

I want to run them together and see how close Torque is to Dynolicious.

BTW - my DC Tundra ran a 14.47 on Dynolicious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts