Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that you build them, what's your thoughts on the use of meth/water?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
397 Posts
?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
probably shouldn't cut your meth with water....

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL.. its for cooling the boosted charge in the motor to keep EGT's down.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Being that you build them, what's your thoughts on the use of meth/water?
Hey guys, the water meth will eventually eat the coating on the rotors and reduce performance long term. The APC coating in your blowers is made to create a perfect seal between rotor lobes and lobe to housing. When you lose coating, that seal opens up and you'll get rotor leakage. That leakage will manifest itself as lower boost and higher IATs. The seals on the housing bearings are also not methanol compatible, so after time they will degrade and allow the sealed bearing grease to weep out. After the grease is gone, bad things happen to the bearings.

Now, if you can get the meth in after the rotors, so it's away from the bearings and rotors you'd be stylin. If you can get an even shot on each bank, before the port runners I can't see any negative effects to the blower. We are running water/meth in our shop/race truck but then again we have a pretty good parts shelf if something goes bad.

Great question, thanks man!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, the water meth will eventually eat the coating on the rotors and reduce performance long term. The APC coating in your blowers is made to create a perfect seal between rotor lobes and lobe to housing. When you lose coating, that seal opens up and you'll get rotor leakage. That leakage will manifest itself as lower boost and higher IATs. The seals on the housing bearings are also not methanol compatible, so after time they will degrade and allow the sealed bearing grease to weep out. After the grease is gone, bad things happen to the bearings.

Now, if you can get the meth in after the rotors, so it's away from the bearings and rotors you'd be stylin. If you can get an even shot on each bank, before the port runners I can't see any negative effects to the blower. We are running water/meth in our shop/race truck but then again we have a pretty good parts shelf if something goes bad.

Great question, thanks man!
You'd almost have to make a 4 port manifold per side if I had to guess. Sounds like more work than I want to do lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts