Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking into the Alpine ICS-X7HD. Anyone have this unit? Any feedback? Thumbs up or down?

I know there are many competitive head units... but I'm particularly looking at this one.

Caution: I may pull the trigger within the next week...

·
Registered
333 Posts
I haven't seen that deck in person but I have looked at it on paper. It pretty much has everything my Pioneer 5500 has and also includes the mirror link for Android which is nice. The only thing I don't understand is why Alpine won't put high voltage outputs on it. I know it sounds nitpicky and I have had Alpine decks up until I bought my Pioneer 5500 but I think its important to have the high voltage outs in today's mobile audio world given the electrical system demands on our vehicles and the inherent noise introduced to an audio system due to all of the onboard stock electronics it takes to run the vehicle. I think its a nice deck but I want high voltage outs

Reactions: BlackTundra52

·
Registered
172 Posts
One thing to keep in mind too is that it's an App Radio like the Pioneer AppRadio, which means the majority of its functions (Media playback, Navigation, etc.) relies heavily on your smartphone. Without a pairing smartphone, a lot of the headunit's features are void and it's simply a very nice looking FM radio.

Reactions: BlackTundra52

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok now I am looking at this unit. Any suggestions and
Pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.