Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into a set very soon or when there not on back order again.:eek:
So im mostly curious to see what everyone has noticed as far as daily driving with low rpm country road or freeway cruising any grunt/tq loss under 2k?

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you were NA you would feel the gain a lot up top. Being that your SC I'm not sure how much your gonna feel. Not saying the gains aren't there, but it won't be as noticeable. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Talk to Keith. You can get the OBX longtubes now from him.
My OBX longtubes is what got me into the 11s. Or you can wait for the JBA longtubes.
Both are so much better than the stock restricted manifold.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
You won't loose any torque. Keith (Dirtydeeds) has a few in stock. Send him a PM.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
150 Posts
This is my exact worry only having 5000 miles on mine so far but I think I am going to do it anyway. Just to hard to pass up the extra hp and torque that Keith posted on the dyno sheets in the other thread.

After seeing the dynos and all these other trucks running good with them, they are on my wish list. I'm just wondering if my local dealer would give me hard time if I had any warranty work to be done.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
unfortunately the obx's are back ordered, just spoke with Peter, he has a new container due in about 45 days and hopes Tundra headers are in there. He'll have a packing list in about 30 days.

with your supercharger you don't need to worry about low end tq loss. JBA headers with my full race system would suit your needs best. There will be NO loss, only gains. To compromise would be such a shame. You'll constantly ask yourself 'what if' with anything else.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Just a reminder

Tundra Obx long tubes complete bolt on exhaust system. by bamufflers, on Flickr

torque comes on sooner, stronger, and much harder. The JBA's will be slightly less torquey down low, but when you tow do you really lug your engine at 2k rpm and less?? Everyone says they need low end torque, but the motor keeps rpm's around 3k when climbing a grade, 3k is right where vvti and short runners kick in, that's also when jba's would 'kick in' as well. They would greatly compliment your truck. My guess on a supercharged truck is 50hp. My guess on obx's and a nat asp truck was 20-30hp, and I was wrong........it was 40:)

·
Registered
412 Posts
So JBA headers can add 40-50 hp on a naturally aspirated tunda? Also, any effect on MPG? Also dirty deeds didn't you just say OBX headers were better? I'm confused? Also, interested on the best ones for a naturally aspirated tundra... i've heard from a few people headers are the way to go. As far as low end torque and pep off the line, I took my K&N intake off and magna flow exhaust as I feel both ****ed up my truck and it runs better stock. I tried both together and separately and both seemed to give me less pep off the line and hurt my low end torque and got crappier gas mileage. With no other mods on my truck engine wise will the headers hurt in the same way?

·
Registered
412 Posts
From what I've heard Doug Thorley long tubes are the way to go. They're ceramic coated here in the US. Can the same be said about JBA? What type of metal are the JBA's made out of?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
So JBA headers can add 40-50 hp on a naturally aspirated tunda? Also, any effect on MPG? Also dirty deeds didn't you just say OBX headers were better? I'm confused? Also, interested on the best ones for a naturally aspirated tundra... i've heard from a few people headers are the way to go. As far as low end torque and pep off the line, I took my K&N intake off and magna flow exhaust as I feel both ****ed up my truck and it runs better stock. I tried both together and separately and both seemed to give me less pep off the line and hurt my low end torque and got crappier gas mileage. With no other mods on my truck engine wise will the headers hurt in the same way?
My guess on the JBA's is 40-50HP naturally aspirated, but I'll know for sure after my test truck hits the dyno, it's naturally aspirated. OBX headers on my test truck were good for a little over 40HP paired with my off road mid pipes and true duals with X pipe.

I wouldn't say that OBX headers were better, I've seen JBA's in real life and they're a great piece.

I can say 100% for sure that the OBX headers will NOT hurt low end torque as I've done extensive testing with them. You will only see gains in HP, TQ, and mpg if you can keep your foot out of it.

No matter what you do just make sure you don't settle for shorty headers as you will see low end loss with zero top end gains.

PM me for group buy pricing and for package pricing including Long Tube headers (of any brand JBA, OBX, and Thorley) mid pipes in either 2.5", 3", catted, straight, or with mufflers.:lol5:

·
Registered
412 Posts
you're gonna have to pm me your shop number I got a few questions and am interested in a group buy on a full setup

1 - 20 of 31 Posts