Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FIRST: PLEASE PARDON THE MESS. I'VE GOT POSTS ALL OVER THIS THREAD. I WILL EVENTUALLY ADD A TABLE OF CONTENTS TO MAKE IT EASIER TO LOOK THROUGH.

Figured I'd start one of these. Gonna be a lot of mods in the works as I came from a fairly modded FJ Cruiser(lift, 35s, bumpers, skids,sliders etc...) Have my first child on the way so I wanted something bigger. This vehicle first and foremost will be for commuting and family so I'm gonna try and keep it as comfortable as possible and not lift it too much past leveling. It will be used for some light offroading and by that I mean some mud, fire roads and anything she'll fit on without bottoming out or risk of damaging the body.

2015 Silver Crewmax 4x4 w/sunroof and nav.

Bought 5/2/15

Ordered on 5/2/15
ADD Offroad Honeybadger Side Steps.
http://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/side-steps/2014-up-toyota-tundra-honey-badger-side-steps/

Husky liners Floor mats

Salex Center Console Organizer

Ordered on 5/3/15
VLED Footwell kit with extra strips and wiring to do the back footwells and to wire up lights on the running boards.
http://www.vleds.com/tundra-fwk-bar.html

Plans/To-Do List for now...(in tentative order I'd like to do them)
Pocket style paint matched fender flares depending on how much i stick out
ADD Bumpers F/R
Tow Mirrors
Wheeler bump stops
Maybe air bumps eventually and some deaver springs if i get real serious. But doubtful.

Lighting maybe mixed throughout
Rigid lower grill light mount with 30 in lifetime cree single row bar.
ADD light bar mount with Lifetime Led curved possibly
VLeds Led Bar over license plate.

Current Mods

PERFORMANCE
-none

SUSPENSION
-King 2.5 with adjusters at all 4 corners
-Camburg Racing Ball Joint UCA
-Toytec Diff Drop
-Coachbuilder +3 Shackles, leaf bushings and carrier bearing drop
-Both sway bars removed. Will put on for heavy towing/as needed.

WHEELS/TIRES
-Raceline Havoc 20x9 +25
-Toyo Open Country A/T2 Extreme 35x12.50

EXTERIOR
-TRD Pro Grill
-Pace Edwards Switchblade Tonneau Cover
-20% tint added to all windows
-Cravenspeed Shorty Antenna
-Factor55 Hitchlink w/crosby shackles
-Addictive Desert Designs Honeybadger Side Steps w/led lighting

LIGHTING
-Rigid Industries DOT Fog Lights
-Amazon LED for Dome, Cargo, Reverse and License Plate Lights
-VLEDS Footwell Kit Front and Rear

INTERIOR
-Amazon Console Organizer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Awesome. Waiting on my tundra to come in.

I like the center console organizer you ordered. Adding to the list

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. Waiting on my tundra to come in.

I like the center console organizer you ordered. Adding to the list
Yea i think it'll definitely come in handy. I can see it quickly turning into a disaster zone without it

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on the new rig. Bought my very similar looking cmax on the same day. Great tip on that organizer, and I'm anxious to see your led lighting setup.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the new rig. Bought my very similar looking cmax on the same day. Great tip on that organizer, and I'm anxious to see your led lighting setup.
Yea me either. From what ive read, that little plug should run all 8 strips. Someone here was claiming to have run 14 on that one little driver well. If this all works well, i may end up running a couple up underneath the bed rails for extra lighting in there.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I know you are already ordered your locking hitch pin, but I would have definitely recommended this..

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Strattec-7023584-Receiver-Lock/dp/B00C5T0JCI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430871486&sr=8-1&keywords=7023584[/ame]

Eliminates adding an extra key....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Those sidesteps look sick ... please post some pics when you have them mounted. I couldn't find any good ones on their website.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I know you are already ordered your locking hitch pin, but I would have definitely recommended this..

http://www.amazon.com/Strattec-7023...e=UTF8&qid=1430871486&sr=8-1&keywords=7023584

Eliminates adding an extra key....
That is most excellent! Just ordered it. The glory of amazon is the ability to return stuff

Ordered 5/5/2015
Strattec 7023584 Receiver Lock

Those sidesteps look sick ... please post some pics when you have them mounted. I couldn't find any good ones on their website.
Definitely will. I love the way they look too. They ain't cheap though. Who's website?

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Definitely will. I love the way they look too. They ain't cheap though. Who's website?[/QUOTE said:
No, they're not. I was referring to the pictures within the website link you posted, it only shows close up photos. I'm interested to see what they look like from a distance.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
153 Posts
Any other honey badger products down the road?;)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Any other honey badger products down the road?;)
They are down there on the list somewheres but tbh I like the look of the venom series bumpers better. The honeybadger bumpers seem large and gawdy imo ;)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Alrighty! Today i received my floor mats, craven speed shorty antenna AND my VLED footwell lighting kit. As im sure you read before, i planned to run some of the lights outside and onto the frame rails for lighting while approaching and entering the car. It turned out awesome. VLEDS ships FAST!

Ps pardon my yellow dome lights. My other leds havent arrived yet.
Also excuse my potato camera LOL. These things are BRIGHT.

However, im currently looking for a way to add more power to the lights because some of the lights in the end of the series are a tad dimmer to the point it is noticeable. I would still like them to come on normally just be pushing enough juice to get them all to maximum output. If anyone has any ideas, im all ears as i suck with electrical. I currently do not have them split evenly. Its maybe a 5 to 3 ratio off the original split

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok after horror stories about lifetimeled headlight bulbs and some people replacing them every 2 months, ive decided to back up and punt. Ive already authorized a return. I will either have a retrofit done which will require me getting another set of headlights since i dd this vehicle or get the VLED led headlights which seem nicer.

I have Ordered 5/10/15

Rigid Fog Light fit kit
2014-2015 Toyota Tundra Dually Fog Light Kit | Rigid Industries

And

Rigid DOT Compliant D series Fog Lights
SAE Compliant Fog Light Set (D-Series) | Rigid Industries

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I have lifetime led headlights and just had one go out on me. But it wasn't 2 months more like 2 years. They replaced them free with no questions asked. they seem well made and have not heard any other issues with them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have had the lifetime leds for a little under a year and have had no problems so far.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have lifetime led headlights and just had one go out on me. But it wasn't 2 months more like 2 years. They replaced them free with no questions asked. they seem well made and have not heard any other issues with them.
I have had the lifetime leds for a little under a year and have had no problems so far.
Yea there have been lots with no problems but i just dont wanna have to deal with the hastle so I'm gonna put my money elsewhere for the time being til i decide on the best solution for me. I dont mind spending money but i want it to damn near perfect lol.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts