Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
10,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to do the spray in bed liner this weekend so I started pulling out my drop in liner tonight. I just hauled 3 loads of mulch last week, the stones are from a year ago. The paint is pretty much scraped up too. Here's all the junk sitting under there. I'm glad I'm getting rid of the drop in.

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
First thing I did when I got my truck was pull the piece of junk out and install a rubber mat. Not only does the plastic one tear up your bed, but everything slides around like it's on ice. The rubber bed mad it the best of both worlds. It protects the bed and when you put something on it, it's in the same spot when you get to your destination.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I can't imagine what the underside of mine looks like. haha. I've got the standard toyota plastic liner. I need to get it line-xed one of these days.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I actually got a bed rug for mine. I love the thing. Kind of a pain to put in, but other than that, wonderful thing.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
How long have you had the plastic liner on there? That actually doesn't look too bad; seen way worst, but glad you're going the spray-in bedliner route. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
On the positive side, I never had a single ding in my 2003 bed floor until I removed the stock bed liner. Spray-ins are great, but they don't keep dings from happening.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I'm getting ready to do the spray in bed liner this weekend so I started pulling out my drop in liner tonight. I just hauled 3 loads of mulch last week, the stones are from a year ago. The paint is pretty much scraped up too. Here's all the junk sitting under there. I'm glad I'm getting rid of the drop in.

Are u going to do it yourself, and get it done at shop.

Sent from my iTundra4.6

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Yuck, I can hardly wait to see what's growing under mine! One of my next pricy mods, a spray in from Line X-Thanks for the fair warning- doing time/work in Florida and Tennesee, I'm sure mine is worse

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
DIY spray in :)
Prepping it tonight, spraying it tomorrow morning.
Wow those pictures tell the story.
Are you going to post up pics before & after the diy? Look forward to the mod.

My truck was line-x'd as part of the purchase.

Since I kept my bed mat from my tacoma, I put it on top of the linex.
It looked very small in the bed so finally bought the right sized deezee mat off ebay for $60 shipped.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I want to linex mine bad!!! Then I start thinking of other things I can spend $500+ on my truck.lol Right now i'm between linex or some XD hoss in machined black. Decisions...decisions....

·
Registered
631 Posts
I had the spray in liner included when I ordered the truck. I have hauled several things in the back of the Tundra, refrigerator, stove, concrete blocks, building suppliesm the bed looks like it did the day I picked it up. Can't say the same for the ABS plastic trim on the top of the tailgate though. I had a plastic liner in my Chev. dually. Pulled it out when I loaded the camper, paint was worn thru and bed was rusting. No dents though.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

Best Get The Junk Outta The Trunk :lol5: Color match would be great.. But cant go wrong with good ole BLACK.. As you know, keep a good eye out for overspray :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
My bed didn't have a scrap in it when I had it LINE-Xed... I think the CM was 5 days old.. Probably never had anything in the bed before that, now that i think about it..

·
Administrator
10,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The liner was in for 2 years.
This is what it looked like after I pressure washed it. The paints was scraped down to the metal at spots on the floor and on the wheel wells.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
First thing I did when I got my truck was pull the piece of junk out and install a rubber mat. Not only does the plastic one tear up your bed, but everything slides around like it's on ice. The rubber bed mad it the best of both worlds. It protects the bed and when you put something on it, it's in the same spot when you get to your destination.
Hey me too.
Mine didnt have a bed liner but I bought the OEM Tun_dra mat.

$50.00

http://www.tundratalk.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6038&size=big&cat=&ppuser=53872

1 - 20 of 20 Posts