Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2009 SR% double cab with the 3URFE engine on board.
My truck sat for over a year with no battery in it, and no engine.
Engine rebuild is finally complete and installed
My truck cranks like a champ. There is fuel at the fuel rail, but it won't start. I pulled the coil off and tested the voltage. There was like .5 volts. I had somebody crank the engine but the voltage didn't change.
So my question is.......
If I missed something when I reconnected the wiring harness, what things would cause a no-spark condition?
Also, I have heard feed back that the key immobilizer could have been reset, and/or that the ECU may have a code stored that prevents it from getting spark..
How do I rule those two things out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2009 SR% double cab with the 3URFE engine on board.
My truck sat for over a year with no battery in it, and no engine.
Engine rebuild is finally complete and installed
My truck cranks like a champ. There is fuel at the fuel rail, but it won't start. I pulled the coil off and tested the voltage. There was like .5 volts. I had somebody crank the engine but the voltage didn't change.
So my question is.......
If I missed something when I reconnected the wiring harness, what things would cause a no-spark condition?
Also, I have heard feed back that the key immobilizer could have been reset, and/or that the ECU may have a code stored that prevents it from getting spark..
How do I rule those two things out?
Just curious because I have the exact same thing going on did you ever get any feedback or did you ever get your truck running I’m dealing with the same beast and I’m not getting anywhere? My truck spun A bearing and set for roughly 6 months plug it in and I’m not getting any spark at all also I’m getting my four-wheel-drive low is flashing it won’t stop any input would be much appreciated

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would try to find access to a quality scan tool capable of scanning all the systems in the truck. If it has an immobilizer concern it should have a code indicating a problem. Also if you have now power at your coils, you need to get a hold of a wiring diagram, and see what and where they get power from, and if there are any joint connectors in between that you may have forgotten or not fully seated. Also if you unplugged the ecu make sure you don’t have any bent pins from reconnecting it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts