Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Legacy garage built custom 3" dual side exit, with Magnaflow tru-X muffler and high flow cats.

bolted up with JBA Longtube headers.

Vid of how it sounds will be coming next... only had to extend one sensor harness 6" and no check lights on stock ECU. Runs great and keeps pulling harder as the revs go and the nannies slack off.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You may not have needed the Helmholtz resonators with such short tailpipes. Did it drone without them?
unfortunately yes, it still needs those... well for my 43old picky ears anyway, the younger bucks might not mind it without them. And actually I've adjusted the resonator lengths just a tad once it was on and running, just to take things down a notch around the 1800-2000 rpm range under moderate load.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can't wait to hear the it, I've been planning that EXACT same set up for a while. I assume you're supercharged considering you went with dual three inch?
Nope, not yet anyway... it still makes for a nice addition on the N/A motor though. Tundras like all or nothing type changes to the exhaust flow.
It pulls harder, even from just off-idle all the way up... definitely feels like a freight train as revs climb and it just keeps pulling harder.
Hopefully gets tome time to trim the sound files together and post them up this weekend.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
That sounds seriously awesome. Much more muscle car like than most tundras I've heard. Much drone on the highway? Also would you mind sharing the length of the resonators.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks! No drone at all... at the 2:00 mark once the windows are up you can hear how loud the turn indicator is while cruising.
Actually for this particular exhaust layout you'll want resonance tubes of 32" long capped off. I started at the typical 26" range, which was "OK", but to make it really quiet in the 1800-2200 rev range for cruising between 65-80 I had to extend them out to 32", and that made it perfect for my picky ears, while still roaring like mad on hard throttle from any point in the revs. >:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.