Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone contemplating what size tires to go with a 3/1:

Finally got the 275/65 (34.1x10.8) nitto grapplers mounted today on my 20" XD Boss rims. I had toyo at's on order but they were delayed another 3 weeks and I have my stock wheels sold so I called discount and got the Nittos. This is my first time trying the brand, we'll see how they do. I truly believe that this is the best and the biggest size tire/rim combo that should be put on trucks with a 3/1 kit. I had a Toytec ultimate 3/1 kit put on a week ago. There is a finger wiggle room all around the tire when the wheels are cranked both directions and they sit perfect with the side of the truck, no fender flares needed. I never understood why people went with 305s in similar diameters, I just don't like the look of the too wide tire and I don't like spraying the sides of the truck with mud. The gearing also didn't get too far out of whack, in fact I think I like it a little better. Besides getting to join the super exclusive monster truck club, I don't see why anyone would put 35s on these things unless you plan on putting serious money into beefing up everything else to handle it.
When I got home my excitement motivated me to debadge the truck, something I was dreading but I have always done it to my GMs. Debadging a Toyota is way easier than any gm I've ever done.
I couldn't be happier with the truck, I've only had it for a few weeks and 700 miles. Now I can start to enjoy it!

Next up is a supercharger!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Not my favorite color Toyota makes - but with the black wheels and the brown it looks extra sharp! NICE WORK!

·
Registered
408 Posts
they sit perfect with the side of the truck, no fender flares needed. I never understood why people went with 305s in similar diameters, I just don't like the look of the too wide tire
let me help you understand. Its because it looks better! :D

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
lol. Some people don't understand why you want to level your truck. It's all about the look YOU like. Your truck does look awesome.

·
Registered
416 Posts
let me help you understand. Its because it looks better! :D
I have to agree!

That's the thing with opinions, everyone has one, haha.

Truck does look good though!

Reactions: Pranqster

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Looks good. I don't understand why people buy expensive level kits when they could buy the Ebay Supreme Suspensions for far cheaper and I don't understand why people buy 20's and put all terrain or mud terrain tires on them when 18's in both the wheels are tires are far cheaper. IMO :D

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahaha. I knew I'd get sh t for hating on the 305ers. Don't forget, I did say in the title "IMO". Prove me wrong and post a pic of a truck with a 3/1 kit and 305s that you think looks better.

Thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
715 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Truck looks sharp! Can you post any more pics of it from different angles? I like the thought of less rolling resistance...but wonder if the amount is negligible?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Take a pic straight on from the back or front and that's why 305's look better
: )

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Ol'Dub

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man I've got some competition! These trucks look so bad ass with a couple extra bucks invested. The trucks above look awesome. Ill post some different angle pics. How do you post more than one pic, and how do you post the actual photos, not the thumbnails? I'm on an ipad.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Photobucket works good! By the way your truck does look great!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
535 Posts
Definitely looks good! But I'm going to join the 305 crowd here.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Congratulations on a sweet truck, now let the mods begin! May I suggest BHLM?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts