Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was having a great day when I got off work until I went to pick my wife up from the school she is student teaching at. Once I got to her school I parked in the car rider line like I do everyday which is tight because the parking lot is so small. I was parked behind a woman in a white Tundra, and after the buses left it was time for the kids to come out to the cars in the car rider line. Well the woman in front of me got her kid early and went to leave and smacked right in to my wife's month old 2013 silver corolla S!:mad: Man I was hot, this stupid woman says she looked in her mirrors and didn't see me but obviously she didn't look because I was behind her at an angle ans she should have been able to see me out of her driver side mirror. She backed up so fast I didn't have a chance to blow the horn or through it in reverse, and it hardly even scratched the Tundra. I'm glad I wasn't in my truck because I might have lost my cool.

This was about how far I was parked behind the Tundra

This is the damage

In the end the lady admitted fault and the insurance claim was put into the express lane as Allstate stated and the guy is coming to look at the car soon.

Reactions: riccnick

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Dude that blows. I hate when people don't pay attention.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude that blows. I hate when people don't pay attention.
yea dude tell me about it, My wife was like "aww it will be fixed" and I tried to stress to her that the car will never be the same etc and I think I finally got that in her head this morning. I was so pissed off about it and I am a teacher so I couldn't lose my cool at a school.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Thats why the wife dose NOT drive the Tundra

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For real right? but this truck must be the woman's primary vehicle because it had girly flower stickers and crap all over it, so you would think she would know how to drive it esp since we are in the country.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
I like letting my gf drive the tundra. They both look sexy together. Win win. She is scared of it because of the size but hey, you gotta have a sober driver sometimes.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
For real right? but this truck must be the woman's primary vehicle because it had girly flower stickers and crap all over it, so you would think she would know how to drive it esp since we are in the country.
I gotta say, I've been seeing a lot of woman driving tundra's. Older woman at that. Like I stated earlier, I figured most of them wouldn't like the size of it. But they are big and safe.

Reactions: riccnick

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm not trying to diminish the accident, but that will be repaired and will be just like new. I deal with ton of accidents every day at work and the only time I get worried is when an engine is broken loose at the cradle or the suspension/drivetrain is involved. Heck, we had a car that rolled over 3 times and looked and drove like new when we got it back. (everyone was afraid to drive it because they thought it was cursed, but it drove fine)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not trying to diminish the accident, but that will be repaired and will be just like new. I deal with ton of accidents every day at work and the only time I get worried is when an engine is broken loose at the cradle or the suspension/drivetrain is involved. Heck, we had a car that rolled over 3 times and looked and drove like new when we got it back. (everyone was afraid to drive it because they thought it was cursed, but it drove fine)
I hope your right bro

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Could have been worse. I learned back in 08 that a truck/car is materialistic and let it go. If not you will be consumed by your own rage. When I hit that 6pt buck and it had over $11k damage on the front end I just looked disgusted only because we were on I-77 north just 40 miles south of Parkersburg WV. Nowhere near anything that makes you feel comfy like home, relatives, and friends. I learned then while watching radiator fluid leaking, A/C freon hissing away that the truck won't be the same. All I cared about was the wife and the dogs period. I saw the buck trying to get up and leave but missing part of his hind leg he wasn't going far. Last year in May when I was hit from behind by a student nurse causing $3,500 in damage I was just satisfied with the way Allstate and Toyota were at the same dealership. This made for a fast fix. They paid for everything plus extra from the lizard company Geico for my convienance. I'm not a suing type person and the girl and her mother formally appologized for what happened. I'm okay with that. Admit when you're wrong take responsibility. So your incident there was small and finally the lady admitted guilt. You have what you need to be a better person. Just let it go. You be the better person.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
ok, next question is why were you driving the corolla? let me quess... 4 f-in dollars a gallon right. Lets just be thankfull that the bumper of the corolla got smashed and not a little kid by this blind chick. Pink flower stickers on a tundra, lets post that mod and see how it goes

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Could have been worse. I learned back in 08 that a truck/car is materialistic and let it go. If not you will be consumed by your own rage. When I hit that 6pt buck and it had over $11k damage on the front end I just looked disgusted only because we were on I-77 north just 40 miles south of Parkersburg WV. Nowhere near anything that makes you feel comfy like home, relatives, and friends. I learned then while watching radiator fluid leaking, A/C freon hissing away that the truck won't be the same. All I cared about was the wife and the dogs period. I saw the buck trying to get up and leave but missing part of his hind leg he wasn't going far. Last year in May when I was hit from behind by a student nurse causing $3,500 in damage I was just satisfied with the way Allstate and Toyota were at the same dealership. This made for a fast fix. They paid for everything plus extra from the lizard company Geico for my convienance. I'm not a suing type person and the girl and her mother formally appologized for what happened. I'm okay with that. Admit when you're wrong take responsibility. So your incident there was small and finally the lady admitted guilt. You have what you need to be a better person. Just let it go. You be the better person.
I hear ya bro and I have let it go. I will admit I was pretty mad at first but I have let it go. I told my wife this morning it could have been much worst such as a head on or something but most of all I feel bad because I feel like I ruined my wifes new car that she worked so hard to get.

Reactions: Mickey

·
Registered
189 Posts
man that sucks..

I see what yall are saying that it will be fixed, but in the future if you wanna sell car and carfax says its been in an accident people will turn around and look for other car. I know i did that, when i was shopping for a tundra seen a few but usually has high milleage or that has been in an accident.

Reactions: Mickey

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
man that sucks..

I see what yall are saying that it will be fixed, but in the future if you wanna sell car and carfax says its been in an accident people will turn around and look for other car. I know i did that, when i was shopping for a tundra seen a few but usually has high milleage or that has been in an accident.
that is exactly what i was thinking bro

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
I hear ya bro and I have let it go. I will admit I was pretty mad at first but I have let it go. I told my wife this morning it could have been much worst such as a head on or something but most of all I feel bad because I feel like I ruined my wifes new car that she worked so hard to get.
I understand and do agree. My wife's 07 Prius has been great to her. When she got her first dent was just a year ago and the second dent the same day. She was fumed. All I told her she could have been in that accident with the deer strike in the Prius vice the 07 Tundra CM we were in. We were planning and packed the Prius to go when I made the last second change. That buck would have been in the windshield on the Prius. So as far as I'm concerned we are lucky.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I understand and do agree. My wife's 07 Prius has been great to her. When she got her first dent was just a year ago and the second dent the same day. She was fumed. All I told her she could have been in that accident with the deer strike in the Prius vice the 07 Tundra CM we were in. We were planning and packed the Prius to go when I made the last second change. That buck would have been in the windshield on the Prius. So as far as I'm concerned we are lucky.
True that man, I would say that was pretty lucky!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So your wife was cool about it and you decided to wind her up anyway?
Dude, quit while you're ahead!
lol no I didn't wind her up, but she finally realized that the value of the car etc would never be the same. We are both cool with it and everything so its all good, but I still hate that it happened. On the bright side i get to drive my truck a little more because her car was the primary ride to work

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
man that sucks..

Yes I thought about writing that but any dealership can call that in and find out it was in a wreck just to lowball what they will take as a trade-in. You can't win other than hold on to it for sometime. My truck has 3 hits and 2 of them are on carfax. I didn't claim the 3rd when I hit the pitbull on I-95. The dog came from underneath a schoolbus and I was in the center lane with cars on both sides going to work. All I could do was brake and get over as far as I could to the right but I still hit the dog when he turned into the truck. Dark when this happened and I couldn't see any damage until I got to work.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts