Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy to report to my brothers that I still don't know what that feels like.

I'm a pretty mellow guy. Family man, sobered up several many years ago, very good credit lol, all that jive...I go easy on the skinny pedal.

Well yesterday leaving work I'm at the entrance to the highway...double left turning lane that merges quickly into a single. Noticed in my side view that a white Titan pulled up. Fully loaded ride, after market exhaust...motor sounds pretty decent. Can tell he takes pride in his ride.

Light turns green. We both make the left. Front ends are nose to nose. I'm thinking to myself I hope he hits it.

Next thing I know he drops his pedal, his engine roars...I think...Here we GO!

So I drop mine to the floor. My 5.7 Tundra Grade, 380+ horsepower, 400+ lbs of torque comes alive. My nose jumps and quickly pull ahead.

Since the lane merges he realizes he's done and takes his place behind me. The only place a titan belongs when it comes to this scenario.

I glance in my rear view and see it.....HE SINKS IN HIS SEAT...The look in his face was well....how does that saying go....PRICELESS.

This was my first 'race'. It was so short I wouldn't even call it one. BUT know that I represented us well. And the next time he tries to jump on another one of us I gaurantee you he will recall that moment and that feeling and think again.

LOL. Have a great weekend fellas.

sensei
--Remember lesson #1 on balance. It applies through your whole life.

·
Banned
6,236 Posts
Happy to report to my brothers that I still don't know what that feels like.

I'm a pretty mellow guy. Family man, sobered up several many years ago, very good credit lol, all that jive...I go easy on the skinny pedal.

Well yesterday leaving work I'm at the entrance to the highway...double left turning lane that merges quickly into a single. Noticed in my side view that a white Titan pulled up. Fully loaded ride, after market exhaust...motor sounds pretty decent. Can tell he takes pride in his ride.

Light turns green. We both make the left. Front ends are nose to nose. I'm thinking to myself I hope he hits it.

Next thing I know he drops his pedal, his engine roars...I think...Here we GO!

So I drop mine to the floor. My 5.7 Tundra Grade, 380+ horsepower, 400+ lbs of torque comes alive. My nose jumps and quickly pull ahead.

Since the lane merges he realizes he's done and takes his place behind me. The only place a titan belongs when it comes to this scenario.

I glance in my rear view and see it.....HE SINKS IN HIS SEAT...The look in his face was well....how does that saying go....PRICELESS.

This was my first 'race'. It was so short I wouldn't even call it one. BUT know that I represented us well. And the next time he tries to jump on another one of us I gaurantee you he will recall that moment and that feeling and think again.

LOL. Have a great weekend fellas.

sensei
--Remember lesson #1 on balance. It applies through your whole life.
Awesome! This has got to be the thread and post of the month!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Same sort of thing happened to me coming home off graveyards a week ago. A man in a hemi pulls up next to me and starts revving it up. I just had to grin and nail it when the light turned green. He never did get in front of me and it was about a mile stretch. When we let off and he finally come by me he was shaking his head in disbelief. I loved it.

·
Banned
6,236 Posts
I was able to challange a guy one time on my way to the fab shop. Hemi and blew his doors. After the fab shop I had a 12" lift with 37" tires, no more racing!:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts