Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let all of you know my appreciation for your willingness to help out other members and honesty in your posts. When I was shopping around for my new truck I would "google" a lot of different questions and your site always seemed to have the most comprehensive and intuitive answers along with very friendly members. Once I bought my Tundra it was a no brainer to join. I hope I can be as helpful too somebody else one day as a lot of you were to me, just by simply reading some of the forums that are posted on this site. I doubt it though I'm definitely no expert or mechanic and will probably be asking way more questions than answering them :lol5:

Thanks again,
Ryan

·
Premium Member
628 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't wait to post pics!! I work as a camp manager running oil rig and completions camps in Northern Alberta. I had two days off flew to Calgary bought her, drover her home and had to put her in the garage. I needed to up my insurance and get a cb radio installed before I can drive her out on these roads. I get out of camp this Thursday, I only have two pictures on my phone where on the site do I go to upload?? in my profile? I'm assuming I can do this from my iPhone?? see only my second post and I just asked three questions :lol5:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, kellyh!! I have done a few brief hitches of work up on the sierra. My girl is currently working up there, I hear break up is already there and it's pretty muddy!!!

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Are you using a computer at all? I'm no good with the phone loading of pics. If you can get the pics to your pc I can walk you thru it.

The eaiest way I've found is to send the pics to your email, then open the pics in your email. right click the image and it should say "send to documents"or "save to computer". Once you have them on the computer you are half way there.

I find that when I respond to a thread or start a thread there is a dialogue box below where you are typing that says "go advanced" click on that and look for the "manage attachments". A box opens that will say "browse computer" Find your pic you want to open and hit "open". You can now hit upload. Once it is uploaded you can x out of that box and hit submit. Your post and pics will now be posted.

I hope this helps and welcome.

KO

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks KO and Bad Dad!!!

Bad Dad does exsisting photos on your phone work with photobucket? I have two more days till I get outta camp and get to finally go home and see her. I had her for all of 24hrs before I had to go to work and probably spent 20 of those hours driving. When I left for work I thought "dam shoulda taken some pics!" Can't wait to get home!!

I was able to use the manage attachments off of my phone just logged in using the web page not the mobile app. Thanks again guys!!!

Love the raptor killer!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome I will have to download the app then!

I can't wait till its beer thirty for me two weeks no truck, no beers :mad: that's just cruel unusual punishment ah what we do for the all mighty dollar :lol5:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, CDN_Tundra!!

There is a dealership in GP Sean Sargent Toyota, but they don't seem very helpful and hold you hostage being in a smaller town plus everything is "patch priced". That's why I flew down to CGY to buy her. I figured it would have a better chance to find one that hasn't been through the patch yet like if I bought one in EDM that was up in Ft. Mac or one outta GP.

I will most definitely be the "black sheep" and love it all the way!! I'd much rather be the Shepard than the typical "white sheep" all the domestic guys (even though she is built in NA) always ask "why did you buy import? the only way to go is Ford, Chevy, Dodge blah blah blah....." I ask them all the same question so how's your front end? or even when I'm riding in their trucks I always ask them to repeat themselves saying "I can't hear you over all of your rattles in your truck. Can we slow down so I can hear you, oh wait we're only doing 60?? I'm sorry about that"

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes, makes sense to me buying it out of Calgary.

I actually got mine in Cochrane, despite having a dealership two blocks from my house as they had the right truck for the right price! They have been great to deal with and their service/parts side is good too!

I looked at a patch Tundra at another dealership. 2 years old and it had 110k on it with 6" pro-comp lift. Thing had clearly been through hell and back and the guy clearly got a new truck every couple years. Despite the dings and scratches from "working", it seemed totally fine. I decided against it, since it had obviously been beat to hell, but sure made me feel good that the Tundra will hold up well!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
or even when I'm riding in their trucks I always ask them to repeat themselves saying "I can't hear you over all of your rattles in your truck. Can we slow down so I can hear you, oh wait we're only doing 60?? I'm sorry about that"
Hahaha is that what you think or is that what you actually say? :D

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^^ Trent being from EDM/Whitecourt you should know its the oil patch, it's ALL about bustin' balls!!! Shit we're down right mean to each other and [email protected] how I love it!! I'd go into more detail, but come on now...... this is family friendly site, I can't repeat 5% of what we say to each other!!!! lmfao so don't worry, oh hell yea I say that and a whole lot worse!!!!

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Haha, we could only imagine what you may say to each other. lol.

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your black beauty. Have your buddies seen the rear sliding windows yet? That's one feature that other truck owners usually become envious of.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks chphilo!!

I am definitely happy with her, can't wait to do some mods to give her some more personality!! I have yet to be able to drive out to work yet (next hitch for sure) but I have shown her off to some buddies in town. Like the 5.7 dodge likes to copy but their back window (like some tundras) only the middle part has the power sliding option so when they seen the whole window go down yes they were envious!! I had a 96 4Runner (this is actually my 4th Toyota) and that was one of my favorite options. When I was shopping around for a new truck I was so happy to see they carried that over into the Tundra I sure missed it!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts