Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a Tundra SR5 double cab 4x4 with 5.7. I had a deal go sideways two years ago and ended up buying a ram 1500 express. It was a great truck, but not a Toyota and not what I really wanted. This time I found the right dealer and made a deal easily.

I really like a bench seat so my choices were severely limited in color, and the horrible steel wheels, but inside it has everything I would ever need, and room to stretch out. This new style is WAY nicer inside than the 2012 I almost bought.

I have done a lot of research on this forum. I got a lot of good price and reliability information -I am sure glad it exists. Next step is a factory bedliner, and some aftermarket nerf bars. Then troll craigslist looking for somebody ditching their stock alloy tundra wheels.

I would upload a photo, but a plain basic SR5 isn't overly sexy.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. My dad bought a 14 and I love the interior better than the last one, but I still haven't gotten use to the 14 body style.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Congrats on your new Tundra purchase. Nothing wrong with the base SR5 - nice dependable trucks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found these rims for 200 check the for sale in forum== its a base but i like it
Dramatic improvement. What was toyota thinking putting stamped steel wheels on anything called SR5???

I guess I will include the for sale section here. Never occurred to me to even look.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congratulations! And don't knock on your base SR5,...it's YOUR truck that YOU have spent your EARNED money on. It is an achievement and a reflection on your success,...and your intelligence in selecting a Toyota lol. Treat her well and have fun! Again Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Im in the SR5 club, have 14 trd crewmax.has everything I need

·
Registered
647 Posts
I finally got a Tundra SR5 double cab 4x4 with 5.7. I had a deal go sideways two years ago and ended up buying a ram 1500 express. It was a great truck, but not a Toyota and not what I really wanted. This time I found the right dealer and made a deal easily.

I really like a bench seat so my choices were severely limited in color, and the horrible steel wheels, but inside it has everything I would ever need, and room to stretch out. This new style is WAY nicer inside than the 2012 I almost bought.

I have done a lot of research on this forum. I got a lot of good price and reliability information -I am sure glad it exists. Next step is a factory bedliner, and some aftermarket nerf bars. Then troll craigslist looking for somebody ditching their stock alloy tundra wheels.

I would upload a photo, but a plain basic SR5 isn't overly sexy.
the steels are good for winter

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
the steels are good for winter
True. If you live anywhere but metro Phoenix! Last time I saw ANY snow was right before the super bowl back in January 2008! And that melted within seconds... On a personal note I liked the exterior styling of the gen2, though gen 2.5 looks more "American" in styling.

So let me ask... Any Tundra or sequoia rims from 2007 and up will fit correct? Any other model that matches?

If the overall tire diameter is different, can the computer be updated to correct the speedometer? Might as well ask now...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on your new tundra! I have owned tacos for 24 years n kept telling myself I didn't need a full size truck for the farm. Well..... I was wrong. Traded in the 2011 taco for a slightly used 2011 crewmax platinum edition with 19k on it n have loved it ever since. Like having a hot new girlfriend that is eager to please. I really love my tundra!!!

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Enjoy it bro!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts