Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Aesthetics aside, you have to buy the top of the line model to get 500 mile range and all wheel drive. That costs about 70,000 dollars so it is not outrageously priced, but not really competitive. People who do not travel more than 500 miles a day, ever, could use it and save on fuel costs. I doubt that 500 miles holds when pulling a trailer, so it won't work for vacationing with your camper.

I don't think it is a reasonable replacement for a pickup truck, but there is a market for it as a high powered station wagon. Once they get the aesthetics worked out they will sell some.

·
Registered
13,570 Posts
I think he really liked the movie Tango and Cash a little too much...

What was just noted above I think pretty much sums it up.

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
Looks like something from a bad B-rated 80s futuristic sci-fi movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Urban and suburban people with money who want the coolest tech would buy it. But I don’t see “normal” truck buyers getting it. It’s a start. And just like the Tesla sedan, will drive the industry towards a truly functional electric truck, but that’ll take a decade.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah. On my Highlander Towing a 4500 pound box trailer, I went from 20 mpg and a 350 mile range to 10 mpg and a 170 mile range. That’s why I bought my Tundra with the 38 gal tank. If you’re towing, electric trucks have a long way to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts