Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to do my civic duty and jumpstart a helpless lil Ram on a busy Sunday afternoon! LOL Poor guy's truck wouldn't start, just clicking away. It was in front of Home Depot...so you know I had to take my sweet time for all of the other truck driving passerby's! :lol5:

I couldn't leave the guy hanging, but you could tell his ego took a blow when I told him my Rock Warrior would fix him right up. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe, I would laugh, but I had to get a jump from a ford ranger last year :-(

Optima the way to go
Hmmm, Ford Ranger...yeah, I catch your drift! I think the fact we were in front of Home Depot on a weekend which we all know if the pickup truck mothership made it so comical...I probably shouldn't have, but I had to snap a pic!:D

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
You can't park straight next to the guy. Your truck has to be the one that is in there at a funny angle like you are trying to get close for short jumper cables and so other people know you are jumping the other vehicle off. Otherwise someone might get the wrong idea and think he is jumping you off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can't park straight next to the guy. Your truck has to be the one that is in there at a funny angle like you are trying to get close for short jumper cables and so other people know you are jumping the other vehicle off. Otherwise someone might get the wrong idea and think he is jumping you off.
Hmmm, you have a valid point there...I wanted to pull in front of him at the 90 degree angle, BUT I just so happened to be parked right next to him so my glorious moment was somewhat downplayed! Thought I'd appear TOO obvious to do so...LOL.

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,631 Posts
A few weeks ago I was parked in front of a lady, parallel to the curb and she needed a jump, so i pulled out in traffic, flipped a U and drove against oncoming traffic (downtown traffic single lane) and parked nose to nose & gave her a jump... she was mildly cute....
but she had her own cables, so i guess it happens often....

·
Registered
123 Posts
A few weeks ago I was parked in front of a lady, parallel to the curb and she needed a jump, so i pulled out in traffic, flipped a U and drove against oncoming traffic (downtown traffic single lane) and parked nose to nose & gave her a jump... she was mildly cute....
but she had her own cables, so i guess it happens often....
Or she is single and has discovered s better cheaper way to pick up guys rather then going to a bar or buying gym membership. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
The date code on the battery was probably 5/13 lol

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Just a suggestion but when you jump someone else's POS, be sure you ground the negative to your block or something else other than the negative battery post. Safer way to jump and protects your battery a bit more. Especially when jumping a Dodge, who knows wtf is wrong with it. hahahaha!!!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Keeps sparks away from the battery. A charging battery can give off hydrogen

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a suggestion but when you jump someone else's POS, be sure you ground the negative to your block or something else other than the negative battery post. Safer way to jump and protects your battery a bit more. Especially when jumping a Dodge, who knows wtf is wrong with it. hahahaha!!!
Yeah, you can't tell in the pic but my negative was definitely grounded to the frame!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Or she is single and has discovered s better cheaper way to pick up guys rather then going to a bar or buying gym membership. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
This actually happened to me once...I was 19, she was 35...definitely one of my highlights

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Keeps sparks away from the battery. A charging battery can give off hydrogen
I've seen the aftermath of an "exploded" battery from jumping a car. The fenders and under the hood were covered in acid and paint was gone. Just a simple trick to protect your junk.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If it's the charging battery that can create hydrogen, wouldn't you ground to chassis on the battery receiving the juice?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If it's the charging battery that can create hydrogen, wouldn't you ground to chassis on the battery receiving the juice?
I was taught by my Dad that charging is a risk to both batteries and to jump in this order:

1. Ground negative on both vehicle frames
2. Ground negative on host vehicle and negative to post on receiving vehicle
3. Last and least, if all else fails both negatives attached to both negative posts

I tend to save #3 only for special jumps (ie, my wife)! Other than that I'll tell them they need to go ahead and call AAA.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts