Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Its legit.

Just make sure that your computer is a 32 bit, Windows XP operating system. If you do not have one of these you can make it work by installing a "virtual" machine onto your computer.

We have a whole thread devoted to this. A simple search will give you all the information you will want. Warning: It is a very long thread.

If you like your gadgets, then this is worth it.

I have it. It can be a bit of a pain to load, but once you get it figured out, you will appreciate having the program.

KO

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
I forgot. You have to buy the $20 bluetooth dongle that plugs into your OBDII port. ELM 327 is pretty much what we all have been getting off of Amazon.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I ordered this one on May 4 that was on a TS thread. It's coming from Singapore and could take up to 3 weeks.. I'm still waiting for it and actually have a working Laptop with XP..-LoL
New MINI VCI for TOYOTA TIS Techstream V8.00.034 16pin cable
Ok... So, I'm not alone in the long wait. Ordered mine from a non-USA company on 03-May, and still have yet to receive the product. Guess I'll give it another week before I start emailing for an update.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
663 Posts
I forgot. You have to buy the $20 bluetooth dongle that plugs into your OBDII port. ELM 327 is pretty much what we all have been getting off of Amazon.
Not for techstream.. the OBDII bluetooth dongle is for the Torque app.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I ordered this one on May 4 that was on a TS thread. It's coming from Singapore and could take up to 3 weeks.. I'm still waiting for it and actually have a working Laptop with XP..-LoL
New MINI VCI for TOYOTA TIS Techstream V8.00.034 16pin cable
Ok... So, I'm not alone in the long wait. Ordered mine from a non-USA company on 03-May, and still have yet to receive the product. Guess I'll give it another week before I start emailing for an update.

I ordered mine from UOBD2 about a year ago. It took about 3 weeks to get here. It works fine.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Not for techstream.. the OBDII bluetooth dongle is for the Torque app.
Exactly, the blue tooth dongle is NOT needed for Techstream...also, I got my cable off of ebay, took 2-3 weeks to get it from China but works perfect.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah I have been waiting for about 2 weeks as well. Everyday I come home from work and check the mailbox hoping it's there. I feel like a kid at Christmas...I can't wait for it to arrive so I can shut off the damn seatbelt chime. :lol5:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ok... I get home today to find that USPS left me a delivery notice. Apparently, the vendor required signature, so the pkg was not left in mailbox. Guess I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up from the "friendly" (ever so CROWDED) USPS office. Oh well...

·
Registered
663 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Got it today. Had trouble getting it setup on my XP laptop. Runs much better on my Vista laptop.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Got it today. Had trouble getting it setup on my XP laptop. Runs much better on my Vista laptop.
Well at least something runs under Vista!:eek:;):D

Reactions: KRAZYK
1 - 20 of 20 Posts