Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 495 Posts

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
I hate to be a buzz kill but is this for some kind of cable and pirated software?

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Never for a minute thought it was a sanctioned program. The only thing I care about is we have long time member, with many post who has used the unit first hand. Call me a wuss, but I could never grow the balls to try this out on my truck. Now we got a senior member endorsing a product and his truck still runs.

I'm giving Pony a huge thank you if this works me.

I wonder if we are overloading this companys computers with all the purchases in the last 4 hours? Think they'll have to send another boat?

Later

KO

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I hate to be a buzz kill but is this for some kind of cable and pirated software?
It is not advertised as a cloned cable and pirated software.

What we do know:
A Mongoose cable MSRP is $495.
A 1 year subscription to TechStream is $1,590
This solution is $35
China is renowned for cheap clones. China appears to openly flaunt copyright laws.

This cable does not appear to be a clone of the Mongoose. I had to install the provided drivers to use it, I could not use my Mongoose drivers. In TechStream I now have a drop down menu with 3 devices to select, where previously I had two (Toyota TechStream and Mongoose). The cable is identified as an "x-horse" MVCI cable.

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
I don't care who makes it as long as it works. The real criminals are the OEMs, putting half their engineering efforts into throwing up as many roadblocks as possible, so only dealership techs or millionaires can access / repair / customize. Anyone who find a way in for a good price is going to get my money. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
God forbid, someone actually wants to learn how there truck works.

Seems Toyota doesn't want anyone to touch the cars they bought until the warrenty runs out. By then its too late.

KO

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Ordered mine as well. Hello alarm, bye bye seat belt alarm.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Ordered mine as well. Hello alarm, bye bye seat belt alarm.
My dealership did all that and more for free while had had it hooked up to add more keys.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
My dealership did all that and more for free while had had it hooked up to add more keys.
yeah some dealers will, some won't.
There is only one dealer near me & I bought my truck in Mass 240 miles away.
That is cool that your dealer did that though!
I wish mine would for free....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the info, pony. I have been putting off driving 25 miles to beg the dealer to turn off the noise for over two months. I just rolled the dice for $35 in hopes I can take care of things myself.

I have hyper-sensitive hearing as a symptom of the MS I live with, and put many miles off-road on my farm, getting in and out. I don't wear a seatbelt when I'm not on pavement. This sound makes me enjoy my truck less, and I am looking forward to having a bit of control over the set up.

I appreciate a chance to address a problem!

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Just ordered this sucker...cant go wrong for $35....

Thanks for the hook up Ponyuk :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Nannies as in seat belt reminder. I think you are talking about LSD etc. This cannot be edited in TechStream. Dealers cannot turn this off.

Here are some setting you can change:
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...does-i-didnt-changable-tundra-electronics.pdf
This list is not exhaustive. It does not list the drivers seat belt nanny, but you can turn that off also. Toyota just don't openly let the dealers know they can do it.
Does anyone know if there is a similar list for the Gen1 Tundra??

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
I'll roll the dice....This is awesome is it comes through.

Thanks Man!

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
I'll roll the dice....This is awesome is it comes through.

Thanks Man!

21 - 40 of 495 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.