Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please bear with me as this issue might take a little to explain. I was finally able to get into my 2019 using Techstream with WIn10 and the 2.0 adapter cable driver.

Under the customize settings in Techstream I was able to turn off the seatbelt reminders and the FOB panic button as well as changed the doors to unlock all with one press. I also want to turn off the passive alarm and warn by horn but when I go into security under customize settings it is empty?

I watched a video where when they click on security a message popped up saying "DOP security is not enabled" and to enable it in the option setup. After they enabled it then the options poped up under security. I do not have an option setup choice in the customize settings menu.

I have the flashing truck/lock light on the dash so I assume that is the factory security alarm? For a little more background on this my alarm went off by itself a couple times this month. I think it only works if someone were to open a door while it is locked and I do not have the glass break sensor. Here is the video I watch and although it is a car everything in Techstream looks the same

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having the same issue although it is with my 2018 Sequoia. There are options in the security menu for my 2012 Tundra so it is probably not related to my techstream setup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spent a good bit of time today going through all the menus and it's just not there. I was also unable to find a fuse or relay related to an alarm. This is really annoying.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an alarm relay in the fuse box under the hood and the alarm / lock light flashes on the dash

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe the fuse box is slightly different for Tundra and Sequoias. Do you have a picture of your alarm relay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My alarm relay is light blue and it is at the top center of the fuse box and it is labeled underneath the fuse cover.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't have a security horn lable for either the 2018 Sequoia or the 2012 Tundra. I was able to sort out my issue this evening. Not with techstream tho. It seems like Toyota has removed access to the security customization in the 18+ models.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe there is a secret menu or something. But for the forum dives I did today it seems most of the issues with the security tab being empty are from 2018 models and up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Out of curiosity, which "version" cable are you using to connect with Techstream?

I bought a cheap cable a few years back to try to connect to my 2008 Tundra. It worked, but 'apparently' only partially. From what I remember (reading into it a few years ago), my cable was a 'version 1' with a certain type of communication chip in it. There is also a 'version 2' cable that has a more capable chip, allowing you to use additional features of Techstream.

At the time, I could easily find a version 2 cable for sale, but it was like $60 vs $15 for the one I had and chose not to pursue it at that time. Searching now, I can't seem to find evidence of this situation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow AM to see if they can help me. I will update here and let everyone know how it turns out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts