Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

TC Long Travel kit fitment questions

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  dirtydeeds 
#1 ·
I am considering upgrading to a full LT. Leaning towards the TC kit. Couple questions:

The camburg kit says max backspace 5.25", TC kit doesnt say. Heres the deal, I want to keep my rock warrior rims and I refuse to run spacers. I dont really want to increase my track as I am more interested in keeping the width narrow for tight trails. I am also interested in maintaining extreme reliability on the trails and spacers just dont sit well with me. The backspace on my wheels is 6.5". Now on the surface you could say "wheels wont fit camburg kit" and "call TC to see what they say". But the thing is, I am currently running the TC UCAs and everybody told me I had to run spacers. Well I dont have to. I have at least 3/4" clearance at the tightest point. My wheels/tire combo fits perfect. Seems to me that LT kits just extend the arms, driveshaft, etc. I dont see how the angles (as they pertain to wheel/tire fitment) are much different than what I am currently running.

So my biggest question is can I do LT with rock warrior rims and NO spacers ??? :confused:

My other question concerns my coilovers. Can I run my current fox 2.5's or do I need a different size???

#3 ·
Gonna need new shocks. Need atleast a 2.5 x 8" shock. Go on kings website an look at extended legth and colllapsed length of oem vs a 2.5 x 8" (performance series)

Rw will work fine but you will hit a lot of inner fender spots so wheel offset helps prevent that unless u setup bumpstops that limit your up travel

#5 ·
Reactions: dirtydeeds
#8 ·
Just got my truck back and was told I needed spacers to clear the lower control arm. I'll look at it later to see how much.
bingo. That what I am talking about. Why did both TC and ORW both tell me that I need spacers for the UCAs and foxs but then I really didnt need them??? I am wondering if its the same thing with LT??? doesnt seem to me like they would be needed...

#7 ·
Total Choas uses a 1.5" spacer as well. And I meant hitting the inner fender part (almost engine bay) Think of like where the air intake is or battery spot on the tundra.

I honestly dont see clearance issues. TBH I even think I had the RW on for a day before I put the spacers on. Because I remember having to go back in there and putting spacers on before alignment. dam wish i could remember what I was doing to be sure lol

#10 ·
just try it:) if doesn't work don't worry about the spacers. 1.5" is nothing, although I hear ya about the width and trails.

Great choice with the arms btw. Chaos is the only big company that treats their customers like they are the most important part of their business:)

#11 ·
I just might! but hopefully we can figure this out before I buy parts lol

TC tech is rock solid, weird how I never heard of them till I bought a tundra :confused:

heres the thing, 1.5" is not much tru, but the LT kit itself increases track 2.5". That plus the spacers means 4"... per side!!!

As much as I love blasting through the desert, I also need to thread through the rocks. The tundra is like a bull in a china shop on the trails (but I refuse to own a jeep so Im making it work!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.