Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

tax credit?

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Rockporter 
#1 ·
Hey guys can I get a tax credit on my 2013 ffv tundra?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#2 ·
Nope....Sorry. Ethanol CRAP doesn't count. It's going to cost you more in the long run to run E85 also. The MPG is much less and the oil change intervals have to be cut in half because that stuff is so bad for your engine.

I won't even use E10 unless I absolutely have to, thankfully we have several E0 stations here.

Love the color of your truck!!

#14 ·
The math doesn't work out with that statement. In order for your gas to drop 10% then 10% of your gas would have to get 100% less MPG or 0 mpg so how does 10% ethanol cause 10% reduced mpg? I mean you are still getting SOME MPG from the 10% ethanol...RIGHT?

#13 ·
Here in VA they're actually getting ready to pass an Alternative Fuels Tax. They're going to charge Hybrid and alt fuel vehicle owners an extra $100 a year because they don't buy as much gas, and therefore aren't paying their fair share of gas taxes.

Yeah, I know. Wtf right?

#15 ·
They are looking at charging a per mile tax in California instead of tax at the pump for the same reason.

Cars are getting better MPG which equates to similar wear and tear on the roads with less money in the coffers to maintain them. I guess it makes sense for every driver to pay their fair share of road usage, but tracking every ones mileage seems a bit ridiculous.

#18 ·
How Does Ethanol Impact Fuel Efficiency? - Road & Track

FROM A ROAD AND TRACK ARTICLE....
Assuming you were running straight gasoline and were then forced to switch to E10 (gasoline cut 10 percent with ethanol), your mileage will drop. The big question is by how much. The Environmental Protection Agency says E10 lowers mileage approximately 3 percent, which would drop your mileage from 19.6 to 19.0 mpg. Instead you're citing a drop between 10.2 and 15.9 percent, which, while similar to some E10-induced losses we've heard of, does seem large. We typically hear of mileage drops in the 6- to nearly 10-percent range, but then, folks experiencing a 3- to 5-percent drop probably aren't fired up enough to write us.

Our opinion is your mileage drop is largely due to the lower energy content in ethanol (it's about two-thirds that of gasoline), but there are no doubt other factors involved in your figures. Chief of these would be measurement errors—checking mileage can be devilishly tricky because it is so hard to fill the tank to the same level every time—and possibly weather or seasonal changes.

also here

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/ethanol.shtml

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.