Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
2012 Toyota Tundra
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has used, had, or heard about these two, I'm getting a little older and not as agile or limber as I used to be, thanks for all the suggestions, information and input everyone.
Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Automotive tire Tire Vehicle

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Registered
I installed the bed step from Amp Research on my 2017 Tundra. It鈥檚 a good, quality product, very sturdy. It is exactly what I was looking for. It鈥檚 not cheap, but I figure its much cheaper than the pain and medical costs of one misstep climbing in and out of the truck bed. 馃槶 Very happy with it and would do it again on my next Tundra. You won鈥檛 regret it!

Registered
I installed one of those steps years ago and have loved it. Mine was $105 shipped thru from Amazon. But there鈥檚 a catch.

Not sure if Amazon still does it but when I found mine, I saw the normal price but there was another link that took me to scratch and dent. When mine arrived, it was perfect. The box was what was damaged.

As for brand, I liked the Bestop brand better less plastic and has non slip on the step.

Registered
I installed one of those steps years ago and have loved it. Mine was $105 shipped thru from Amazon. But there鈥檚 a catch.

Not sure if Amazon still does it but when I found mine, I saw the normal price but there was another link that took me to scratch and dent. When mine arrived, it was perfect. The box was what was damaged.

As for brand, I liked the Bestop brand better less plastic and has non slip on the step.

Registered
2020 Tundra TRD Sport, Rough Country lift, N-Fab Podium Steps, Boss HTX-V Plow, Aries Switchback Rak
I have/had both. Ladder on my old 2010 and I went with the bumper step on my 2020. No comparison, the step is far better. Easier to get in bed with, out of the way when folded, doesn't rattle around or take up room when you close the gate. Worth every penny. I got mine for around $230 from a dealer, Toyota branded instead of Amp.

Registered
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has used, had, or heard about these two, I'm getting a little older and not as agile or limber as I used to be, thanks for all the suggestions, information and input everyone. View attachment 896331

I have the truck ladder and it's great not only for us folk's with aging and mobility issues, but easier tie down and loading capabilities.

Registered
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has used, had, or heard about these two, I'm getting a little older and not as agile or limber as I used to be, thanks for all the suggestions, information and input everyone. View attachment 896331

Theres Also the receiver mounted step. I shake my head everytime I see a post about lifting a truck鈥.

Registered
The swing out is expensive. The receiver one you cannot do with the tailgate down. I also have the swing out side tool boxes and use one for some hand tools an the other for straps for my custom built 8 x 14 14,000lb trailer from ION with fold down ramp. Caught ladder on sale for $50 ebay and toolboxes for $89. The trailer was $2100 with 2 axles both with electric brakes.

Registered
If your Tundra has the back up distance warning 'buttons' built into the bumper, the flip out step blocks them. Happy to say that the dealer took them back.

I ended up getting a small folding 2-step ladder and kept it in the bed or in the back seat if the bed cover wasn't on. They're also handy for cleaning the windshield or back window while gassing up.

This one is about $45 at home depot. They can be found elsewhere somewhat cheaper. Gorilla Ladders 2-Step Plastic Project Stool Ladder GLP-2C - The Home Depot

Registered
2010 Tundra SR5 Double Cab, 5.7 liter V-8

I understand your reasoning! I had an F-150 and I purchased the Truck Ladder and installed it. LOVED IT!!!
I loved it so much that when I totalled that truck and went to the yard to remove my personal items, the ladder was one of the items I removed (just a clue - don't drive any vehicle if you are diabetic and your sugar is low!!!). It will be installed on my Tundra.
I had installed the liner on the F-150 on top of the liner. The fasteners were long enough, and because there was plenty of surface area to distribute the load over the liner, it was secure.
Remember that the attachment plate of the ladder is attached to the tailgate, not in the liner (duh....)
Love it!
Hope this helps!!

Registered
I installed the Bestop step a few months ago and really like it. Easy to deploy and retract when your hands are full.

If your Tundra has the back up distance warning 'buttons' built into the bumper, the flip out step blocks them. Happy to say that the dealer took them back.
I have not seen any issues with the warning sensors.
Installation, was a PITA. The instructions did not quite match up to the truck and I did use a saw to remove part of an existing bracket rather than pull the bumper.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts