Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im curious to find out what exactly the tabs that extend downward from the underside of the truck bed in the rear wheel opening are designed for ??

see pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
im curious to find out what exactly the tabs that extend downward from the underside of the truck bed in the rear wheel opening are designed for ??

see pic
What tabs?...I can't see any tabs because the rear wheel inner fender liners cover that area between the bed and the frame. Oh, wait...You don't have any inner fender liners in the rear? :|

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply old guy

On a serious note I want to get Inner Fender liners for my Tundra but I have not been able to find any place that sells them to fit a tundra

only Chevy and Ford trucks

If you are being serious and not breaking my chops will you enlighten me as to where you got Fender liners for a tundra

And it would be greatly appreciated if you can snap a picture of yours and post it here to give me a better idea on exactly how they fit in the wheel opening

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Thanks for the reply old guy

On a serious note I want to get Inner Fender liners for my Tundra but I have not been able to find any place that sells them to fit a tundra

only Chevy and Ford trucks

If you are being serious and not breaking my chops will you enlighten me as to where you got Fender liners for a tundra

And it would be greatly appreciated if you can snap a picture of yours and post it here to give me a better idea on exactly how they fit in the wheel opening
:crying: Me, break your chops?...I am totally broken-hearted that you would think I would mistreat a noob like that. :disappointed:

Actually, I was just busting your bells...those tabs really are for hanging up your dikfers; you wire up many as you can in a bundle using stainless steel wire. :naughty: :lol:

I actually do have a photo of a near non-obtainium inner fender liner, but you'll have to reverse off that big red thumb to get it. >:D

Edit: Ah, hell, probably wasn't you anyway. Heres your photo; they fit from fender lip to frame, from front to rear. Oh, and mine is an SR5, but it came from the factory like that...maybe that's why they only sell rear inner fender liners for Fords and Chevys. The question is: What became of yours?

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.com/auto-parts/2017/toyota/tundra/sr5-trim/4-6l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/front-and-side-panels-scat/?part_number=656370c040

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Thanks for the information. My 2012 Limited does not have those inner fender liners and I have not seen a Tundra with them installed.

Looking at the information for my 2012 it looks like it would only be installed on the left side, P/N 65638-0C020. There is not one specified for the right side.

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.com/auto-parts/2012/toyota/tundra/limited-trim/5-7l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/front-and-side-panels-scat

:crying: Me, break your chops?...I am totally broken-hearted that you would think I would mistreat a noob like that. :disappointed:

Actually, I was just busting your bells...those tabs really are for hanging up your dikfers; you wire up many as you can in a bundle using stainless steel wire. :naughty: :lol:

I actually do have a photo of a near non-obtainium inner fender liner, but you'll have to reverse off that big red thumb to get it. >:D

Edit: Ah, hell, probably wasn't you anyway. Heres your photo; they fit from fender lip to frame, from front to rear. Oh, and mine is an SR5, but it came from the factory like that...maybe that's why they only sell rear inner fender liners for Fords and Chevys. The question is: What became of yours?

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.com/auto-parts/2017/toyota/tundra/sr5-trim/4-6l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/front-and-side-panels-scat/?part_number=656370c040

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Thanks for the information. My 2012 Limited does not have those inner fender liners and I have not seen a Tundra with them installed.

Looking at the information for my 2012 it looks like it would only be installed on the left side, P/N 65638-0C020. There is not one specified for the right side.

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.com/auto-parts/2012/toyota/tundra/limited-trim/5-7l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/front-and-side-panels-scat
Thanks for the poop, @RitcheyRch...that is...mysterious. ;)

·
Registered
618 Posts
I was under the impression that they are for assembly at the factory. Not sure where exactly I came up with that little tidbit, but I seem to recall having seen them used as such on some factory walkthrough video (maybe on the Coast to Coast episode of Dirt Everyday??).

·
Registered
901 Posts
I look at every Tundra I see and they have all been without an inner fender liner. However, I did see one today that did have it. The unicorn Tundra.

·
Registered
901 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
my 14 SR5 (non-trd) has them. All of the Tundras that have seen close up had them. I always thought it was lame that it is an option on Fords and Chevys.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you ever go with aftermarket shocks (king, fox, ads, etc...) with remote resi those tabs in the rear is where the bracket to hold the remote resi will bolt to.
skip to the 6:50 mark in the youtube clip **not me or my video**

·
Registered
17 Posts
Id invest in the fender liners they are suppose to be there or you could end up with little dents sticking out from rocks flying off the tires. :crying:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Still find it strange that the majority of Tundra's I see do not have the rear fender liners. However, I am starting to see more with them installed. Also, odd is the Toyota Part page does not list a part number for the right side. I only see one listed for the left side.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts