Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
System is finally getting installed today and Im starting to get excited. Got the 2013 DC 2X4 in December after totaling the Sierra the day before Thanksgiving. First thing I wanted to improve on the truck were the windows and sound system. So this is what I went with:

-Advent Ototun1
-JL 900/5 Amp
-JL 8W7 Stealthbox
-MB Quart Q series up front
-MB Quart P series in rear (Out of old truck, these things can handle anything)

I bought the limited sails to hide the tweeters and converted the rear speaker to coaxial. I will let you know how it sounds when I get it back.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. Where did you take it? I'm assuming somewhere here in Jax.

I almost went with the JL 900/5 amp. That's a great choice.

·
Registered
535 Posts
How'd it turn out?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds awesome, crystal clear and the Advent sub controller does its job. Only complaint is the installer must have accidentally unplugged my USB plug because it no longer works. Ill call them tomorrow to get that fixed. Feels good to have the system done.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Awesome, man. That's great to hear.

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea it was pricey but well worth it. Sound quality is excellent and it really comes to life when you crank it up. I put a bass cd in just to see what the sub had and WOW. I didnt go with this setup for overwhelming bass though. Ive outgrown those days.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am in Jax and i have been very leery about taking my truck to an installer, i took my previous truck to daddy o's and they broke the clips on my center bezel and hacked and bent the metal on my doors to make some speakers fit. Is rollin sound reputable?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't pulled door panels to inspect the metal but I did pull the ac and aux parts and nothing was broken or out of place. Rolling sound is a franchise and there are 3 locations. The one on Philips highway is the one and only one I will use after reading reviews and judging by the anoint of traffic in and out of there.They even offered to link my advent to my rear view and program my xm.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I am in Jax and i have been very leery about taking my truck to an installer, i took my previous truck to daddy o's and they broke the clips on my center bezel and hacked and bent the metal on my doors to make some speakers fit. Is rollin sound reputable?
Rollin' Sound did a car of mine probably 15 or so years ago, and I've always had good luck with them. I would also check out Decibels or Audio Designs (ironically right next to Daddyo's on Atlantic). I would steer clear of Daddyo's.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I am actually considering the advent now... I do not like the cleansweep volume knob...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it all run you?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
-Advent Ototun1~900
-JL 900/5 Amp ~675
-JL 8W7 Stealthbox~700
-MB Quart Q series up front~ 280
-MB Quart P series in rear~ 350
-Limited Sails 50
-Installation 300

So total comes to around $3,255 ( I sold amps and speakers from previous truck to get the funds for this, but I am really happy with the outcome)

·
Registered
535 Posts
I need to check your system out one day. Sounds killer. No pun intended.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ill see if I can snap a few pics tomorrow. I have to be honest it looks completely stock. Thats the look I was going for(until you turn it up). Only way you can tell there is a system is because the amp is under the rear seat. Even the sub looks stock. Friends always ask if the Tundra comes stock with that much bass haha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts