Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on my fog lights, and I'd like to find a source of switched 12V, under the dash, although if necessary I'll run wire under the hood. Just needs enough umph to run a relay or two.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
We all use the blue wire coming off the footwell fuse box. It is hot whenever the key is on.

Have you checked the fog light write up in the how to section?

I guess I may not be understanding your question. If you are putting in your own switch, you have to have a relay. The blue wire will feed your dash switch, the dash switch will feed the relay under the hood and the relay will turn on the fogs.

I'm not good at explaining these type of things, I hope I didn't make thing worse.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No,I think I figured it out, at least what I'm going to do.

I found the pink wire that if I ground it will run the factory fog wiring. I wanted to find switched 12V to run the fogs whenever, but in the end I've determined that if I just install a relay in the fuse box, and ground this pink wire the fog does indeed come on. No extra wire running.

I bought the kit off Amazon. The only drawback right now is that the LED won't come on. Wrose, I wanted the fog go come on when I have just the parking on. Oh well, no big deal, looks 100% better with fogs.. I just wanted to make sure the fog went off with the switch, and wasn't crazy about running more wires--might wind up with enough (eventually) with ham radio stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts