Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can an ad a leaf be installed without removing the leaf pack from the truck? Also can the 5100 bilstein coilovers be adjusted up without a spring compressor? Thanx

·
Registered
408 Posts
I did exactly that on my tacoma no problem, I don't see why it couldn't be done on the tundra.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Look at Bad Dad walking around wearing crocs and giving the first gen crowd some help.

Get a light Spiddery! I did mine by one of those camping hand held LED flood light lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the other side done this mornin with some help. This side went alot smoother. Then I took the other side back apart because I wasnt happy with it. Its all goosd now. Just need to get a spring compressor next week to adjust the other side up another 1.5 inches so it has the full 3 inch lift.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Went and borrowed the tool to compress front springs to adjust up today. Tool didnt fit. Now what? Is the torque on the rear axle u bolts correct at 74 lbs?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I got the front adjusted up 2 and 3/4 inches above stock. It looks good. No coil compressor needed. Had to order a replacement rear u bolt due to one of them being stripped when I went to re torque it after driving for a week. I never understood why dealer parts are so damn expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts