Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently hit a hole on the side of the road, and pretty severely bent up my stock strut, my truck is lifted with a ReadyLift 3-2 spacer and block kit with 35x12.50 Toyo M/Ts on Fuel Pump 20x9 +18s. We are now looking at our options of upgraded shocks and/or coilovers, we may also consider getting rid of the 3" spacer in the front so that we can have a more offroad capable vehicle. What would y'all recommend for us to do other than stock to make the vehicle more capable of offroading to avoid this issue as we have realized that throwing more stock shocks on while facilitate an opportunity for this to happen again! Please help us and thank you for your time :D It is 2WD also.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]@

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
PM the OP on that forum I linked above. He really likes the ride. (His is 614 (medium length coils).

From what I understand, 612 (short coils) with Dakar rear leaf springs should give you a pretty good ride.

Reactions: [email protected]@

·
Registered
530 Posts
Would the 612s provide enough lift (3"+) to fit my 35s on?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You will need to cut and weld your body mount. I have the same offset as you. I'm going with 35's and I got 4" from my OME. I will still need to do a little trimming on the BM so I don't rub it at certain angles.

And btw, if you don't want it too stiff, but still perform off road, your only option is a long travel kit! It's hard to explain, but my OME kit feels stiffer for bridge expansion joints and similar stuff like that, but it's much much smoother over bigger bumps and higher speed bumps if that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I'm thinking about going with the 612's and a coachbuilder shim on top of both. After talking to a few local offroad shops here, most say the OME coil is actually one of the softer coils out there. I'm looking for 3-1/2" inch lift with this set up and I'm also a 2wd.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
5,396 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Could these hurt ride quality or do they not effect it?
They don't affect quality at all. I suggest you contact Coachbuilder1 himself. He's definitely more qualified to answer questions about his product than I am. Good luck!

Sent from my SPH-L720

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Coach also runs the OME setup on his truck as well. He's answered a lot of questions for me. Look him up. He's a great guy and very knowledgeable about these trucks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts