Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the kit off of eBay at a good price, it's getting installed today. I purchased some higher grade hardware than what was supplied with the kit, but otherwise it appears to be pretty good quality. It included diff drop and skid plate spacers as well.

I will post before and after pics once installed.

I'd taken measurements from ground to top of the fenders prior to installation:

Front: 36-1/2"
Rear: 38-3/4"

Supreme indicates this kit is specific to the TRD package.

Anyone else running this setup?

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

· Registered
189 Posts
Just installed mines few days ago. didnt have to replace any hardware though.

Idk if you're going for rake or level but i would think thats kinda steep for the back compare to the front. but then again i dont know what im talkin about :p

I dont have trd though but i know few people on here has/had this setup.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced the bolts for the front spacers, got something a little higher strength and with much better corrosion resistance because of all the road salt we use here. Also, I bought skid plate bolts with a shoulder so they don't slip into the socket when being installed upside down, also eliminating the need for washers. The u bolts and diff spacer bolts supplied in the kit looked to be good quality so I decided not to replace them.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are a couple before pics for reference. I'm going to assume that the truck will still have a little nose-down attitude with a 1.5" block in the back and only a 2.5" lift in the front.

Can't wait to get the snow tires off and get the shiny ones back on. That probably won't happen until late May...O Canada, our home and native land....

Attachments

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just installed mines few days ago. didnt have to replace any hardware though.

Idk if you're going for rake or level but i would think thats kinda steep for the back compare to the front. but then again i dont know what im talkin about :p

I dont have trd though but i know few people on here has/had this setup.
I hear ya there, I know nothing either. I do believe you are right, there will be some rake. I'm not as concerned about the rake as I am being able to fit some bigger wheels and tires. I'm going to have to see how it looks and then decide if I replace the blocks in the back to make it level.

· Registered
1,628 Posts
I replaced the bolts for the front spacers, got something a little higher strength and with much better corrosion resistance because of all the road salt we use here. Also, I bought skid plate bolts with a shoulder so they don't slip into the socket when being installed upside down, also eliminating the need for washers. The u bolts and diff spacer bolts supplied in the kit looked to be good quality so I decided not to replace them.
What type and grade of bolts did you get?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They're a grade 8 bolt, with the gold cadmium coating. The guy at the local industrial fastener supplier told me they're the best for standing up to the road salt. he says stainless steel is the outright best for corrosion, but didn't recommend them as they are more brittle than the steel bolts and have a lower shear strength.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1 on replacing the hardware. when I had mine installed then months later it started rusting. but other than that good kit for the money tho. I'd do it again.
Have you noticed any difference in ride/handling?

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Kit is installed, 38.5" front, 41.5 rear and its sitting facing downhill in the driveway. I'll put it on some level ground and post some pics tomorrow.
The shop said the alignment wasn't a problem. Looks a lot better than stock. Once I get a chance to take it for a good test drive I'll add a review of the handling.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kit is installed, 38.5" front, 41.5 rear and its sitting facing downhill in the driveway. I'll put it on some level ground and post some pics tomorrow.
The shop said the alignment wasn't a problem. Looks a lot better than stock. Once I get a chance to take it for a good test drive I'll add a review of the handling.
Here's a pic. Still has a little bit of rake, but the front end sits higher and IMO it looks a lot better. The ride is only slightly stiffer, barely noticeable.

Attachments

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Levelled pics....

Sorry about the upside down pic. Here are a few with the kit installed. IMHO, looks pretty decent. I'd debated installing this for a few months as I was concerned about the kit having negative effects on the front end, now I don't care because it has added more awesome to my truck!

Attachments

· Registered
430 Posts
Looks sweet. I like the little rake look on it still. Will look great with bigger wheels, can't wait to see.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.