Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2007 limited crewmax tundra 5.7 4x2 I am looking to do a lot of changes to it once i return home for my deployment in Nov. The biggest change I am looking to do is get that TRD Supercharger package added on to it. I just had a couple questions and figured this would be the best place to do it... I am new to Tundratalk.net

First question is will this package even work for my truck.

Second During my research of this package I have seen nothing but good things about this package which is a plus, but will this package lower the life span of my engine also?

Last question from what I hear the best place to get this done is of course at a Toyota dealership. Is that true or is there a better way to go about getting this supercharger installed if my truck can handle it.

thanks!

Drake

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome to TT, and thank you for your service.

1. As long as your truck isn't flex fuel, the S/C package will work just fine on your truck

2. Life span? I don't know, maybe someone else can chime in. The only problems I have seen with supercharged engines is when people modify the factory supercharger package.

3. The supercharger install requires reflashing of your ECU. (which is non reversible) That I know of, only a Toyota dealership can perform the reflash. So even if you install the supercharger yourself, as some people do, you still have to get the dealer to perform the reflash.

·
Registered
74 Posts
im still a noob but have been doing some reading and here are my thughts

1. yes it will work on your truck

2. In theory if you install it and never see boost it shouldn't take any life off but whats the fun in that.. As long as it has a good tune I wouldn't think it would take much life off, it just depends on how hard you drive it and how often.. Id bet some people could kill a motor without one faster than someone that has one and isn't as hard on it as often..

3. If you can afford it the dealership is the way to go in my opinion, but from what ive read install is about 1000..

Edit: beat me to it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome thanks for the information!! Yeah from i was reading it would be anywere from 6-7k out the door from a dealership. Is the SC package one of those things where I would just call my dealership and say "Hey i want a SC package and they ordered and install it, or should i order the package from somewhere online and bring it in for them to install?

Also with this package it comes with its own Cold air intake? Because that would be awesome something else I wont have to buy aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Is your 2007 out of extended warranty (assuming you have one)? If you aren't under a warranty, you can do it yourself...others have and the doc covers most everything.

If you aren't inclined to try, then shop dealers - in Dallas, I got numbers from $700-$2000+ just for the install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts