Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I visited the dealership today to start looking around for the best place to get a SC on my truck and the people of toyota of midland told me that it could not be done to trucks that are 4x4 or flexfuel.... something about the latest software update not working with sc. Can anyone enlighten me????? Sounded like crap to me

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well I don't know. I have a 4x4 and I have a SC'er. No issues that I am aware of. Unless this is something new with the newer models.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well mine is a 2012, and i had heard about the flexfuel thing but the 4wd blew my mind.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Well I don't know. I have a 4x4 and I have a SC'er. No issues that I am aware of. Unless this is something new with the newer models.
You are good :thumbsup:

They didn't start making that FFV garbage til 2010 I believe. And yeah, FFV is a deal breaker for SC, unless you get the 1 dealership in america who knows how to usurp the system to install it....TRD Sparks.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Your good man, I have a4x4 with a supercharger, if you get a2013 there is some chance you'll have to wait a couple months for the TRD flag to come out before you get the supercharger but that's not even on every truck and 4x4 makes no difference

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys, yeah when they told me that i couldnt believe it. Def wont be getting it there then, gonna look around Dallas/Ft Worth area

·
Registered
184 Posts
Another S/C 4x4 here. Makes launching on the street quite easy.

Also, try Durant Toyota in Weatherford. That's on the midland side of dfw.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will def check them out next time i drive through, talk to toyota of rockwall and they said they can do it. I also want to make sure they know what they are doing...only have a week off every two weeks so cant deal with return visits to the dealership

·
Registered
184 Posts
Cool. They had installed a few of them when I inquired. Thats almost 2 hours closer to you than rockwall.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When Im in the DFW i live in Rowlett, but weatherford is on the way. I love driving the tundra so driving around isnt a problem lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts