Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed supercharger....so my question is do you guys that are supercharged hit your rev limiter really quick if you nail it rolling about 10mph?

Mine will hit a hard limit and just cut out.....

I am running 35" tires and 4.88 gears with no speedo correction....could this be my problem since i'm running such a low gear with my 35s and should be at 37s for these gears? Kinda my guess..

Also does the hyper tech program the ecu or just intercept speed signal and alter?

Wasn't going to run hyper tech at first and actually sold the one I purchased because with my 35s and stock 4.30s my speedo was only off by 1-2mph at 70...but now with the 4.88 it is off by 5-6mph at 70...which blows my mind considering the before gear variance...

So I guess I had a few questions.....thanks

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
701 Posts
If the gears are causing the problem I could stop by one day and we could trade gears. Lol

I'd imagine being under geared with a S/C is why you hit the limiter so fast. Time to add a body lift and get some 37's.

As far as I can tell the hypertech just alters the signal to speedo and nothing to ECU. Mine had a bad connection and was coming disconnected while I was driving. Plenty of lights came on on the dash but the truck ran the same. No performance issues at all. (Drove like that about 50 miles before I opened the dash and plugged it in better).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nannies off and it hits the hard limit....I'm pretty sure it's the gears but I did them in a plan for 37s...just need to put my 35s and 22s on the market and make it happen lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey bigbair....why don't you just buy my wheels and tires and then I can go to 37s....

And I can fit 37s now without a body lift...so it will happen soon.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I like my wheels and I'm planning to probably go with 37's next time myself. On the other hand for the right deal I would consider staying with 35's...give me some motivation and you might sell them pretty easy. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can dealer change speedo or gears through tech stream?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sorry, I don't mean to derail your thread but I am seriously considering the 4.88 gears and wanted to get your opinion since you have them in your truck. I'm running 34's and I can't say that I really have any issues other than poor fuel economy even when I'm really taking it easy. I've read about folks with larger tires complaining of weird shifts and lack of getting into OD on the freeway. I can't say I've been really bothered by any of this, but I'm intrigued by some improved performance and possibly better fuel economy.

·
Registered
446 Posts
6" and 37s is do able depending on your offset and if your are willing to trim anything.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chibb I'd say you don't need it....I'm running 35s and before sc....I actually lost mpg on highway with the gears. Around town I get better mileage than highway with the gears installed...truck runs about 2200 rpm at 70 where before only 1800-1900. But it did shift more before but now it feels as if I'm in fith instead of sixth if that gives you an idea....but man the low end power increased substantially just think in over geared for the 35s. Probably need 4.56 if they made them for 35s but I'll see what it does when I do go 37s. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I am thinking about getting the supercharger as well as the gear. But i run 35's do you think it will help any? How about Hypertech? I heard that little thing help recalibrate your speedometer? :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Like I say...it runs great....but I think the 4.88s are a little deep for 35s but I may go to 37s soon so I went ahead and did gears and auburn posi....with nannies off the sc and 4.88 will spin hard even from a rolling start...the nannies on and then traction control will actually try to kick on for a second if you nail it to the floor rolling 70....I love it....just wish I was getting better mileage like all the posts with 37s and 4.88s...but I lost mpgs by changing gears....and that was pre sc....so idk I even mapped out a route from gas station to gas station about 95miles away and filled up and left one to other and corrected my mileage for gps mileage and lost mpg on highway....but if you keep it 55 and under I gained slightly so...since I don't travel much. It works ok for me..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts