Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a 3" bodylift and supercharger? What did you do with the intake pipe? The bodylift moves the intake box 3" higher while the throttle body stays the same. This makes a weird angle on the intake pipe and only way to get it on is stretch the hell out of it. I've been running it like this but am currently looking for a better option. From what I can see in pics it looks like the TRD cai pipe might fit this application but I'd need measurements if anyone has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No ones got a TRD intake?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't see the bellow lasting under those conditions.
trd intake will not work with s/c.different maf dia.

Maf dia? Any insight on what you'd do? Been looking into diy intake systems but looks like I'll have a hard time copying this angle. Only option looks like a custom made pipe but not even sure where to go for that.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
lid has the maf duct so you cannot use the trd offering.
you have to find a way to relieve stress on the flex hose.a custom pipe is in your future.
or you could modify the lower airbox mounting or the box itself so it points more downward towards the tb.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lid has the maf duct so you cannot use the trd offering.
you have to find a way to relieve stress on the flex hose.a custom pipe is in your future.
or you could modify the lower airbox mounting or the box itself so it points more downward towards the tb.

I was thinking of just using the TRD pipe not the lid. The maf wouldn't be touched. Only thing I'm worried of is sizing and angles but at the price of the TRD unit I might as well just have a custom pipe made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.