Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i a few months back purchased a used 2007 Tundra crewmax Limited (80k) and it has a TrD equipped SC on it, with TRD exhaust/Trd rotors & big brakes on it so I’m assuming it’s a TRD? Iv done a little looking in and it seems the SC coolent is working, i cleaned/ oiled the the filter but the truck feels a little sluggish in 1-2nd. Considering I’m not the original owner and a lot of mods have been done I’m wondering if i should have anything looked at as possible preventive maintenance or just to make sure it’s running right. It almost feels like it’s on a tow mode at times where u can feel the trans slow the truck coming up on a stop sign. It does have a trailer brake setup. With my Titan I had it uprev’d and it feels like that when it was in tow mode. Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated my thoughts have been.
1) was it ever TRD reflashed
2) is it in a aftermarket tow mode
3) the SC isn’t operation properly
4) I’m expecting faster then reality

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Hey Welcome to the forum, sounds like you bought a lot of truck, should be a ton of fun for you.

Less power in first and second - do you see the yellow traction control light flashing under acceleration? Its quite common for the nannies on SC Tundra's to step in early and really slow down the fun. Adding a true limited slip could help, there is a procedure that involves holding the traction control button twice while the vehicle is stationary which will at least partially turn those off. In my experience, Toyota's nannies are some of the most intrusive and over reaching nannies I've ever driven with.

Most folks with the TRD supercharger had to have the ECU flashed, Bullydog was late to the tuning game, doubt that is your problem.

Forum is great for advice and information - don't hesitate to use the search feature, much has already been covered...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.