Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2017 supercharged tundra shuts off around 2000 rpms intermittently. Starts back up no problem. No check engine lights noises etc.
Magnusson installed on truck about 2 months ago. Any help ?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Does it rev beyond 2000 rpm when it does not shut off? Should rev right to 5800 in all gears. Does it just shut off like electrical? Like turning the key off? Or does it seem to be starving for fuel?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shuts just as if you turned key off. Truck was at operating temp. Traction control off and i hit from dead stop. It layed down as if traction control was on and then took off.
Drove truck about 10 miles and shutoff. Started back up and shut down 3 times when accelerating lightly. Then stayed running and drove about 5 miles home.
Shutting down again next morning.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Check for codes, sounds electronic call Magnusson. Which tune are you running? I have HP and have never had anything like this happen. The HP tune gets me 18-22 mpg not towing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hp tuner. Talked with magnusson and tech said hook to the tuner site and perform diagnostic scan.
Waiting on mechanic who installed to get to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does it rev beyond 2000 rpm when it does not shut off? Should rev right to 5800 in all gears. Does it just shut off like electrical? Like turning the key off? Or does it seem to be starving for fuel?
Throwing a fuel code. But tech drove truck and it is running fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts