Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a stock truck and supercharger what would the 1/4 times be? I looked and didn't find what I was looking for although I am using my phone....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks good sir! I didn't think my dealers estimate was correct. I was told 11.8-12.3

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
11.8-12.3? :lmao:

Depending on which truck you have, a supercharged tundra with no other mods, and stock tires, you're looking at high 12's (RCSB) up to mid 13's (DC/CM). The 2 tundras that are in the 11's have shit tons more mods than just the sc.

FWIW, I took my crewmax truck to the track shortly after the SC install. All stock, stock tires. Started the day off with like a 13.7/13.8. As I improved my launches, I got it down to 13.23. I wouldn't be able to get into 12's unless I had DR's at least. I don't even think a better driver could havegotten my truck into 12's the way it was.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I don't know much about it but that seemed quick to me...... What about if I get a set of the long tube headers and BAMuffler?

I'm not sure why I'm worried about it. It seems I'm just spending money as I never race anyone. I guess I will be able to pass the hell out of people though. Lol

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
^^^me too. I don't really race my truck, been to the track with it twice. (13.2 stock tires and level kit, 14.1 with 7-8" lift and 35" tires) Even with just the sc and no other mods, there's plenty of shit out there that are easy kills (not that I condone street racing)...but you're right,the power is always there just waiting for you to "need" it :D (passing, merging, green light fun, etc...) Turns a 6000lb truck into a sports car that can tow and haul shit :woot:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was scared it was going to kill fuel too but it seems to be slightly better surprisingly.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Maybe with cruise @ 65mph? But most of us with the charger give it hell from 0-45 or 0-60..so I'm sure that pretty much wipes out any potential gains in mpg :D
When I joined TT awhile ago. A guy named BAD DAD's Tundra answered questions I had about the Supercharger. He just simply stated. PULL THE TRIGGER and just buy it. Well I did. And I've been pulling the trigger and pushing the accelerator ever since. :D

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,631 Posts
Maybe with cruise @ 65mph? But most of us with the charger give it hell from 0-45 or 0-60..so I'm sure that pretty much wipes out any potential gains in mpg :D
I give it hell all the time... but no SC for me... :(
but i am averaging about 5mpg in the city... so maybe that should make me feel better? maybe not... :confused:
lol

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
MPH. What is that ??? :lol5:
MPH is really speed/power. What you get with the SC.

MPG is really poor mileage. What you get with the SC. (disclaimer, hard to control when your right foot cannot let up).

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
I give it hell all the time... but no SC for me... :(
but i am averaging about 5mpg in the city... so maybe that should make me feel better? maybe not... :confused:
lol
If I lived in a city city, I'd be walking or moped, or driving a prius :lol: 5mpg would kill the deal for me, I can only afford 10mpg...so, my 11-12mpg is kinda like a free bonus :D

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,631 Posts
If I lived in a city city, I'd be walking or moped, or driving a prius :lol: 5mpg would kill the deal for me, I can only afford 10mpg...so, my 11-12mpg is kinda like a free bonus :D
A vespa while wearing crocs? :lol5::lol5:

From my house to my store is LITERALLY a 12 min walk or a 3 min drive....
but yeah... i aint walkin in this heat! it was 109 today!!
and when its nice outside, i aint leaving my sexy ass truck at home! LOL

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Yeah I don't know much about it but that seemed quick to me...... What about if I get a set of the long tube headers and BAMuffler?

I'm not sure why I'm worried about it. It seems I'm just spending money as I never race anyone. I guess I will be able to pass the hell out of people though. Lol

Jba headers with true dual 3" system brought my 1/8 mile time from consistent 9.8 down to a consistent 9.3 with a surprise 9.2 in there when I beat up on a highly modified Nisaan Titan:)

The supercharger is dying to see these headers, trust me, it told me:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts