Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Supercharged guys, how many psi are you getting

5K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Jmention 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just curious how many pounds of boost you guys are getting out of your Superchargers. Everywhere im looking guys seem to be getting 6-8psi and my gauge is reading 10..... the gauge is prob messed up but i was just curious as to what your guys are getting.

#4 ·
Stock boost is 8 psi. My first Autometer used to read 10, turns out its calibrated wrong or something. Payed a little extra for a digital gauge from Innovate and never looked back.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#5 · (Edited)
I dropped my truck off today for the supercharger install, but they were pretty busy. Hopefully it will be done tomorrow.
Anyway I have been looking at 100's of boost gauges and couldn't find anything I really liked. I am hoping to hit the track up this weekend and want to try my 4"intake and see if it effects boost. So I picked up a mechanical Sunpro gauge from Advance auto for $25. I thought stock was around 5-6psi? I'll let you know what it reads once I get my truck back.

#8 ·
I guess it could be that which I think is a bit frustrating because that's lost power and has done it before any performance modifications it will even do that in while in mid rpm range. I will probably just have to buy a new belt although it won't help any if it was doing it from day one of the supercharger install. There's only 20,000 miles on the charger and belt since it was installed can hear a squeeking noise from it slipping but the exhaust is to loud.

#9 ·
Definitely something wrong if it drops before shifting. Mine does the opposite. See the video in my YouTube channel if you haven't already. Its the gauge on the left.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 · (Edited)
No, that is normal and as designed. The s/c tapers boost just prior to a shift to preserve the transmission and ease the shift engagement. Toyota has been doing this for a while on several different applications.

Edit- i want to say it also pulls timing, but I'm not 100% on this application. If you have ever rode in a supercharged 4.7.... You wouldn't complain. Damn thing feels like a parachute deploys every shift.

#11 ·
No, that is normal and as designed. The s/c tapers boost just prior to a shift to preserve the transmission and ease the shift engagement. Toyota has been doing this for a while on several different applications.
That's weird. Might be because of the shift kit :dunno:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#13 ·
I don't know if you can see this pic or not, but my SRT6 had bad belt slip when I tried a smaller SC pulley. You could actually see the dust gathering from the belt. Might be hard to see with a black SC pulley like the Tundra, but you could take a look or rub your finger maybe?

#14 ·
Generally belt slip is easier noted other ways if one has a boost gauge. Be advised all belts dust, even without a supercharger ( water ECT). If it is slipping, it should be most prevalent after a hard downshift, rather than prior to a shift due to the sudden yank on the belt when going from none, to all boost. Also, psi in the lower gears should yield less psi if slipping- upper gears the rpm climbs slower, and the decrease in belt acceleration generally nets less slip. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.