Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All! Tundra is ordered and I'll pick her up next Saturday. In the meantime I'm researching the addition of LED's to the front of the Tundra to add some extra brightness when off the beaten path...

21" Heavy Duty Off Road LED Light Bar - 54W | Off Road Light Bars | Work & Off-Road Lights | Super Bright LEDs

What do you think of this light bar?

I've seen a similar looking light bar installed inside the grill between the bottom two slats... but I was wondering if you could mount this bar into the wide slot on the bumper? I want something very discrete, factory looking if possible.

I wasn't sure if something was behind that widest slot or not...

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
822 Posts
In before everyone tells you to buy rigids. I was looking at that light bar also. It is a great price for those of us that can't afford rigids. I was wondering the same placement on my 01 Tundra. I have seen led light bars placed in that spot before, but with custom made brackets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In before everyone tells you to buy rigids. I was looking at that light bar also. It is a great price for those of us that can't afford rigids. I was wondering the same placement on my 01 Tundra. I have seen led light bars placed in that spot before, but with custom made brackets.
Amen on the price of the rigids. Not sure paying 10x more for the light bar would ever be worth it!!

So.. where & how to mount is the question... Could someone measure that black gap on their '07+ bumper hole size? We'll need about 21" by 2.5" for the light to fit. Thanks

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sub'd

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Amen on the price of the rigids. Not sure paying 10x more for the light bar would ever be worth it!!

So.. where & how to mount is the question... Could someone measure that black gap on their '07+ bumper hole size? We'll need about 21" by 2.5" for the light to fit. Thanks
It's not 2.5" high that's for sure. It's wide enough though.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
About 24.5" wide and 1.5" high

·
Registered
165 Posts
Im glad you posted this. I've been wanting to do the same set up, but was hestitant to spend all that $$ on a rigid light. And 4050 lumens would be plenty bright!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts