Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead::banghead: I know, I know, I never should've let it get to this point, considering the condition my other vehicles are kept, but my truck is parked outside on the street and the paint has started to haze. I've owned it since new, so time for a 5 year refresh!

It got occasional (monthly?) washes, but no polish/wax for about 2 years and now the paint on the roof and hood are hazy. It looks particularly bad since I swapped my front end for the sport bumper/grill, which have new paint...

I have a PC 7336 and polishing pads, so does anyone have any recommendations on a polish/compound that's worked well for clearing up the hazing? I plan to wash/clay, use the recommended polish/compound with an orange pad, apply a coat of Klasse AIO and then Meg's Ultimate.

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
U should go onto "Ask The Guru-Detailing Questions" thread, member JumboJet will be able to help you with the proper process etc. I have a super white and used Menzerna SP1500 and SF4000 then sealed it with Power Lock all with a Griots DA polisher and had GREAT results....but I only had a few minor hazed spots.

Reactions: jwoutdoors

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Einszettes Paint Polish (green can) is a great light polish for cleaning up hazing and light fading. PP with an orange pad followed with Klasse AIO and a white pad is a great looking combo. PP will give the finish a nice deep, wet look. Klasse will accent it nicely, then top with Ultimate.

Menzerna SIP 1500 will also look and perform great on Super White. Again, 1500 with an orange pad, followed by AIO on a white pad and top with Ultimate.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The Klasse AIO will probably clear up the hazing by itself. I would try that out first before buying more products.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
Whatever Jumbo Jet recommends. Anything else is a waste of time and energy.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Jumbo! I picked up some Einszett's in the green can from Amazon along with a couple more microfiber polishing pads. The Klasse AIO worked on some of the very light hazing spots, but doesn't "cut" it for my hood and roof. Hopefully this stuff works, otherwise it's on to the yellow can...

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Good deal. Klasse AIO is a chemical cleaner, but contains no abrasives. Removing anything more than a light haze will be difficult with Klasse.

Work PP slowly on speed 3-4 over the sections with an orange pad. Work until it begins to flash, buff off and inspect. After you complete the truck with PP, follow with Klasse and a white pad, speed 2-3. You can apply Klasse to the entire truck with the PC, then come back to your starting point and buff off. Follow that with your Ultimate.

Mark

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have a super white Tundra as well and had similar issues with the single stage paint on my hood/roof. Used Menzerna SP1500 with an orange pad, then Menzerna SF4000 with a white pad, then sealed it with 4Star Ulitimate Paint Protection sealant (thanks Jumbo for all the reccomendations) all with a Griots DA polisher and am very pleased with the results.

Reactions: Jumbo Jet

·
Registered
90 Posts
Jumbo, what pad manu are you referring to for those above? I noticed orange is not the same for the three recommended usually. Thanks

·
Registered
406 Posts
Update - A simple and time saving fix would be the orange Lake Country pads combined with a recent purchase that has proven to work really well...Menzerna FG400. The new Menzerna FG400 provided enough cut to get through the oxidation and saved a lot of time vs. two stages of polishing. Just corrected my mom's neglected and oxidized single stage white Toyota with very pleasing results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts