Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am in NC. I got my supercharger off eBay. Installs are all over the place hear as well. I got sparks Toyota of SC quote me for reference and took it to dealers to see if anyone would match. Toyota on Capital would install for $950 but required you to buy charger from them (sate tax kills that deal). Toyota on Glenwood is doing mine for $1100. Basically most places here are in the 1k plus range. Hell I had to go to VA just to buy my truck since NC only has FF versions. If you have a free weekend go to Myrtle Beach and have sparks do it while you sit on a beach and drink.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
I had mine done last week for $1K on the nose. They didn't charge me tax or for coolant. Another big dealer here supposedly will do it for $700 but they are on the other side of the city so I didn't bother.

Sorry, you said East coast and i'm in TX but still, pretty consistent

·
Registered
126 Posts
Can you guys that have superchargers on the east coast tell me what you paid for install? I talked to 2 dealers and they want $1800-$1900 for labor alone!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
That is way too much. Mine was done for less but I am not on the east coast. Good luck, I am sure you can find someone for at least half that amount in labor.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Make sure you get the warranty in writing as well. My dealer tried to argue it was not covered under new car 60k powertrain. After he denied it for 15 min I pulled it up on the TRD webpage that spells it out and took his own Toyota handbook that said the same thing. Also make sure what they quote you is the otd price. I don't like being pinged with extra charges after the fact.

On a side note, the higher prices for install are usually due to the dealer knowing it is going to take a day or two, or they just don't want to do the install.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Once you get past sticker shock you will be fine :). Mine is being installed today. It is crazy how big and heavy the blower is.
don't be sad if it's not everything you want it to be as soon as you drive it. Kill the nannies, launch it a few times and let it learn. It only gets better.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think if I go for the SC, I'll go all the way and get an Auburn LSD also... That should help with the nannies. But I have 3 more months before I'm even home to drive my truck, let alone install a SC... Until then I'll just live in envy of all you guys.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
257 Posts
Might as well do pulley swap before install as well. Hell of a lot easier to do off the car do to radiator.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got mine installed for $1000 in 2009 by a dealer outside of Phila PA

What dealer was that? I'm contemplating taking the plunge on a supercharger package and am in the Limerick area.. Very curious. did you purchase the supercharger from them as well? and if so, what did the kit run you? Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts