Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running these in their tundra? Thinking about going with a pair of the tens along with a sundown 1100.5 to power them along with a set of components later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
These are on my consideration list as well. I've run many Sundown subs over the years, but no experience with the SD3.

The one thing that is turning me away from them, is the slapping/rattling noise that a lot of guys have had problems with. You can find some YouTube videos. It sounds like coil rub...

·
Registered
14,226 Posts
As for the noise, I had the same issue with some Alpine Swr-t10's. The plastic spider would crack, causing a rattle.

After replacing it (old gf's brother's truck), I told him to go easier on it. Second one didn't have an issue, but I also turned the gain way down, removed his bass boost knob, and told him when it is cold to not beat on them.

The SD3's noise sounds like just internal failure or separation of the spider/suspension issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.