Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
regular limiteds have the black thin sheetmetal plate as pictured above.just like every other regular tundras out there.
I'm confused... Looking at the basic, $100 TRD Offroad package, it supposedly adds the following to a Limited:

◾TRD OFF-ROAD PACKAGE — Upgrades standard wheels to 18-in. split 5-spoke TRD Off-Road Package alloy wheels with black accents and Michelin LTX A/T2 P275/65R18 tires. Includes trail-tuned Bilstein® shock absorbers, rear-side privacy glass, engine skid plate, fuel tank skid plate, front tow hooks on 4x2, and bedside TRD Off-Road decal
◾Federal Emissions

If the Limited already has the same skid plate, why would the package indicate that it adds it?

I don't have my 2016 Limited Crewmax TRD with TRD Offroad package anymore, so the only thing I can take pictures of is my 2017 Platinum. Here's a picture of the gas tank -- doesn't look like a skid plate there, so maybe the TRD Offroad package really does add that. And let's not forget the all-important stickers... LOL

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
the trd ofroad pack includes the tank plate but the engine plate remains the same.
iirc only the trd pro had the upgraded alloy engine plate and maybe the trd rock warrior too

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
the trd ofroad pack includes the tank plate but the engine plate remains the same.
iirc only the trd pro had the upgraded alloy engine plate and maybe the trd rock warrior too
The RW has the same standard front skid plate/splash guard thingy. Black, steel.

It does have a plastic fuel tank skid, and a t-case skid too, but I assume the t-case skid is standard as it really just protects the bottom and I think the connectors.

@DSTundra can you look and see if you have a transfer case skid please :D

SO I guess in all actuality, when they say TRD OR pkg adds skid plates, it really just adds a plastic fuel tank protector.

Biggest reason I asked was due to the fact that the salesman said the PLAT has no engine skid plate at all.

I will probably add the RCI one later just because I like the filter door. Kind of a pita to remove the stocker to do an oil change. And dealers tend to fubar the front plastic thread insert dealies.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Thanks, the same as on my RW. All good. Appreciate your time man.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
61 - 67 of 67 Posts