Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Nice choice!

...was secretly hoping for silver so I could buy your grille when you put a Pro one on ;)
I had actually contemplated getting silver, but can't have the same color as the gf's venza. :D:D

In the end it was a toss between midnight black and the mgm. Mgm is what I had wanted back in 2010, so mgm it is.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I had actually contemplated getting silver, but can't have the same color as the gf's venza. :D:D

In the end it was a toss between midnight black and the mgm. Mgm is what I had wanted back in 2010, so mgm it is.
I'll admit MGM is the better color. Looks so good. I had a MGM Toyota before. Went silver on the truck because thats a lot of MGM to keep clean :)

I've seen you asking questions here and there in preparation for your new Plat. Your build should be a good one!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I'll admit MGM is the better color. Looks so good. I had a MGM Toyota before. Went silver on the truck because thats a lot of MGM to keep clean :)

I've seen you asking questions here and there in preparation for your new Plat. Your build should be a good one!
Yea, but still better than trying to keep 202 black clean :lol5: .

Should be a good build too.

Already have price on tires, line-x, tonneau, tint, light bar, grill and fogs. and suspension.

But damn. Wallet is going to be burning after all that. Have to go with tires right off the bat, can't stand the car looking tires on a truck. DT will give some credit for turning them in when new.
Tonneau, bed liner and tint also is a right away thing. Might wait till spring for suspension/lights/grill. Who knows. I take 2-3 weeks off around x-mas, might just do everything then.

Thinking about trying to wrap the handles and mirror caps in vinyl. Not sure if it has been done before, but might be worth a try. Don't like chrome, but don't want to remove the door panels just to swap handles. Hoping the plat version tow mirrors from Tony @ A1a actually support bsm.

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
Thinking about trying to wrap the handles and mirror caps in vinyl. Not sure if it has been done before, but might be worth a try. Don't like chrome, but don't want to remove the door panels just to swap handles.

lol, that's the first thing I told the dealer, those tires are not going to work. They ordered up what I wanted and I brought in the wheels

and you don't remove the door panels to swap the handles, it's stupid easy takes 5 min, just need a torx bit #30

get the color match handles and mirror caps, it looks SO MUCH BETTER

you and I will be like brothers.

also TRD Pro grill all the way

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
and dip the badge!!

chrome MUST GO

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
one hint on the Torx #30

DO NOT remove it all the way, just loosen it a little, if you look close there is a retainer clip to keep you out of trouble

very well designed!!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
lol, that's the first thing I told the dealer, those tires are not going to work. They ordered up what I wanted and I brought in the wheels

and you don't remove the door panels to swap the handles, it's stupid easy takes 5 min, just need a torx bit #30

get the color match handles and mirror caps, it looks SO MUCH BETTER

you and I will be like brothers.

also TRD Pro grill all the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9umZVqf3rc0

Damn, that's easier than wrapping. Thanks :lol5:

I am waiting to see if the new tow mirrors have real bsm built in, then will decide if I am going to wrap or replace the mirror caps, or the whole mirror.

I will likely just debadge the truck. I don't really care for badges. Thought about dipping it, but we will see.

Your truck looks great, it was one of the deciding factors initially between a cement pro and what I ordered. :D

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Powertech - did you get your truck? What'd was the answer to your skid plate on Platinum question?
Not yet... Should be coming in next week. Most likely picking it up the 19th.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Here's a (crappy) picture of the front underside of my week old 2017 Platinum 4x4. Hope it helps...

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Here's a (crappy) picture of the front underside of my week old 2017 Platinum 4x4. Hope it helps...

Dave
Yep, that helps. That is the pic I had been wanting. It might be a shitty skid plate, but at least it is there.

Under options it lists skid plate as N/A for the plat.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Ok. So what skidplates are part of the trd off-road package (not trd pro)?

Related, if you don't get the trd off road package, on say... a limited, is the skid plate in the picture not there?
So that skid plate in the above pic was the same skid plate as the TRD off road. So the TRD off road is black and thinner metal than the Pro skid.

Good question about the Limited without off road package. I honestly can't answer that because both my 2014 and 2016 limiteds have the off road package! I think you have another pic request :)

41 - 60 of 67 Posts