Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Workin great. Honestly nearly the same as stock. Only noticed one station thats a little weaker. I live 15-20min outside of our major city also. I also listen to Pandora about 60% of the time so that obviously doesn't get affected.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ok, one more item added to the list...lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
If ya live out in the country some guys have said they are worthless regardless the brand. If u are within reasonable distance of any major city/populated area u will be fine.

That's about right. I bought 6" ted antenna from eBay last year and had it for a while but reception was horrible as I live in Chicago suburbs. Also black finish faded in summer sun and turned brown so i switched back to stock. But for $7 it was worth a shot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got an antenna from O'Reilly Auto Parts. It's black, flexible, and about 12" tall Installation was just screw off the OEM antenna and screw on the new one. I haven't notices any performance degradation. Cost was about $10.

2014, SR5, CrewMax, Barcelona Red

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just put on a 14" from Antenna X. Only listed to it briefly but I have to say the reception is the same if not better for my local stations. I was even able to still pick up a station that I listen to that is probably 80 miles east of me. very happy. Here are a few pics of how it looks. Don't mind the filthy truck, winter in CNY.

601.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey All,

Stupid question, but those of you with aftermarket antennas, do you take them off to go through a car wash? I just ordered a Blox Racing antenna, and I can tell you first hand that it wont work. The threads are too short and there is a conical taper at the base that prevent it from reaching the female portion of the threads on the fender. I might try to go to the hardware store and see what my other options are...

Jerry

·
Registered
20 Posts
has anyone experience when charging an iphone that the radio loses reception? that does it in my wife svu also...

·
Registered
517 Posts
i just took my stubby off... POS... it looks good but can't catch 1 station clear... even local

·
Registered
142 Posts
I ended up taking mine off too. I didn't have any issues with reception but at any speed over 50mph it would whistle so bad that it would even drown out the mirror whistle. I could hear it with the windows up and radio on.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I have a major issue. Got into a fender bender with a tall mailbox and broke off my stock OEM 2014 tundra antenna down into the base. How long are the threads of the antenna going down into the base? The threads broke off the antenna and are still in the base down about 1 cm at most, not even that. Do you think I can get an easy out drill bit in there to ream out the middle and back the broken threads off the threaded antenna part down in the base?

Reason: the darn base is 150 bucks vs. the stock antenna 36 bucks. Right now without any FM reception at all have to get it fixed and don't want to spend 150+36 if I can get the darn threads of the antenna out of the base.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts