Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hitting my garage going in and out with stock 31" antenna. Can someone recommend stubby antenna for 2014 Tundra that works well?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
For those of you that put on either the CravenSpeed Stubby antenna or another short antenna that's not OEM, have you noticed any issues with the HD functions on the Entune radio like the weather updates?

I want to put the stubby on my 2014, but my concern is losing some of those features, specifically the HD weather feed. I use either satellite or my iphone/pod for music, so FM reception isn't my concern....

·
Banned
3,314 Posts
I'm gonna do the antenna in the wheel well mod. I pulled my antenna for the car warsh 2 weeks ago and have only noticed a littl bit of static.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't waste your money

Hitting my garage going in and out with stock 31" antenna. Can someone recommend stubby antenna for 2014 Tundra that works well?

Thanks!
I just bought one from Amazon. Drove around with it for the past 4 days, the reception is the same if not worst, with some stations. It's sitting at my front door waiting for UPS to pick it up.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I tried the Craven stubby for several months and the reception once you left the city limits was terrible, I eventually put that factory one back on and watch it smack the garage everyday

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yup. Just took mine off and shipping it to doubleds. Looks good. Functions like a potato put on your antennae. Don't do it for reception.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
26 Posts
For those of you that put on either the CravenSpeed Stubby antenna or another short antenna that's not OEM, have you noticed any issues with the HD functions on the Entune radio like the weather updates?

I want to put the stubby on my 2014, but my concern is losing some of those features, specifically the HD weather feed. I use either satellite or my iphone/pod for music, so FM reception isn't my concern....
I put the craven speed on and lost my HD Radio and Weather functions... Not. A. Chance. returned to amazon... It looked good but not worth the functionality loss

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
I have a Craven Speed stubby and it sucks.

I knew it would suck when I bought it because it's a stubby antenna and I don't think anyone makes one that is any good.

It looks cool and I stream almost all of my radio anyway so even though it's performance sucks, I am happy with it.

If the apocolypse hits I have this crank up phillips that I got with Kool Cigarette UPC's several years ago.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm gonna do the antenna in the wheel well mod. I pulled my antenna for the car warsh 2 weeks ago and have only noticed a littl bit of static.
Interesting. Would you explain further? How the setup is done and what results have you experienced or heard?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just bought a 14" billet antenna from Antennax.com. It should be here next week. I will post a review once I have had it on a few days. $21 and free shipping. Fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts