Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Stubby antenna recommendation?

7K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Islandboy_671 
#1 ·
Pretty heavy technical advice needed, so newbs back off.

I have been meaning to look into stubby antenna options for a while, and today the car wash ripped my antenna off, so my hand has been forced. Which antennas look good and fit nicely on our trucks? Post a link if you can!

Thanks!!

#2 ·
Reactions: sundance
#7 ·

I have been meaning to look into stubby antenna options for a while, and today the car wash ripped my antenna off, so my hand has been forced. Which antennas look good and fit nicely on our trucks? Post a link if you can!

Thanks!!

Thanks!!
Have this same one too ..... twice! very pleased with it, but lost the first one in a car wash. Now I just screw it off before I go through and put it back when I vacuum.

#9 ·
Local carwash noted it was flopping around and removed the stock one before letting me drive in. When I got home and looked it was indeed very loose.
I got this:
https://www.amazon.com/Antenna-Replacement-2014-1995-2015-2006-2014/dp/B07WVQ3KWL

It really looks short because of where it mounts, I can barely see it from driver's seat, if I did it again I'd get a few more inches.(insert joke here)
I don't listen to that much radio but it gets ok reception around here; hilly area so stations come and go anyway. Not great reception but ok for talk radio.
I had a hard time installing it and couldn't see how such a simple task could be so annoying. Finally got mad and pulled fender liner off a bit and turns out the whole bottom bracket in fender was loose which was probably the reason it flopped around in the first place. Glad I happened to have those hateful plastic retainers/screw mounts on hand from other projects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.