Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard clanking noise from my front driver-side suspension today. I got out and looked at my struts and saw this.

The nut is tightened all the way down with no threads left to tighten against.

How do I fix this (see picture)

Thanks,
Keenan

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Undo the nut and put another spacer on it. Unless there isn't a spacer on the bottom side of the frame then it goes there or it will probably still make a noise.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Have you worked on them recently? If not, the bottom side bushing may have been old, cracked, and fell off. Seems like you are missing the bushing on the bottom side. Like said above, post a pic of the bottom side of that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah, something's missing. Probably the bushing underneath.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Hey Seth! whats good man?

OP, i'd just replace them. doesnt look safe at all.
Dragos!! Still obsessed with Tundra's but shifted my priorities around, sold the CM, back in a 1st gen and riding tons of motocross. Obviously following the longest thread in the history of TT (your ranch build) and still dreaming of cold smoked meats!!!!

Reactions: Dragos28

·
Premium Member
15,631 Posts
Dragos!! Still obsessed with Tundra's but shifted my priorities around, sold the CM, back in a 1st gen and riding tons of motocross. Obviously following the longest thread in the history of TT (your ranch build) and still dreaming of cold smoked meats!!!!
Nice, i was down in SB last weekend. did some hiking and a lot of drinking! lol.
I'll have to hit you up next time we go visit. Probably in august.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.