Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going through the Crutchfield selections on aftermarket radios and can’t figure out the one that I want. Here is what I need, touchscreen, do not need navigation, can be wired to keep steering controls and back up camera, would like an option to add front camera, 3 sets of preamp audio outputs, Iphone compatible, Bluetooth, and in the $350-400 range. What are guys running and how happy are you with the selection?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am going through the Crutchfield selections on aftermarket radios and can’t figure out the one that I want. Here is what I need, touchscreen, do not need navigation, can be wired to keep steering controls and back up camera, would like an option to add front camera, 3 sets of preamp audio outputs, Iphone compatible, Bluetooth, and in the $350-400 range. What are guys running and how happy are you with the selection?

I haven’t upgraded mine yet (going to use a signal converter for a bit) but you should try and stick with better known brands. Capacitive touch screen is a huge plus as it’s more like a tablet. You will likely need to get a “maestro” converter to keep all OEM functionality of the stock head unit like steering wheel controls etc. most of your other needs are fairly standard nowadays. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I upgraded my 2011 with a JVC kw-v620bt and have been very pleased. It has HDMI which allows me to mirror anything from my iPhone (eg. maps, Netflix, etc). The sound quality is so much better than my non JBL stereo. I’ve always been a Kenwood and Alpine guy but after loving a JVC head unit I put in my boat, I decided to go with JVC in my truck. Dollar for dollar they are hard to beat. IIRC the price was $300.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just blew my budget.....by 2x...lol. The nice folks at Crutchfield gladly took my money and are sending me a Pioneer AVH-4201, metra dash kit, and maestro wiring..will update this weekend!!

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Well I just blew my budget.....by 2x...lol. The nice folks at Crutchfield gladly took my money and are sending me a Pioneer AVH-4201, metra dash kit, and maestro wiring..will update this weekend!!
Let us know how you like the HU.

I have a Kenwood DDX9903S and I like the unit.
I just hate that I have to touch the screen every time I start the truck to cancel a warning.

Thinking about swapping it out with a Pioneer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Kenwood DDX9903S and I like the unit.
I just hate that I have to touch the screen every time I start the truck to cancel a warning.

Thinking about swapping it out with a Pioneer.[/QUOTE] I was torn on this model, as well. The capacitive screen was a plus, but I have always had Pioneer. The deciding factor was that it came with a separate camera, I will mount it on my winch bumper for pulling up close to another vehicle in a tight parking lot.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Ditto. I have the 9903S as well. theres gotta be a hack to get rid of the warning. even my wife's Tahoe warning acceptance goes away after a few seconds.

The sound on the 9903S is great. However the bluetooth from my iPhone 7 is hit or miss in my truck. Anyone else have issues with this??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.