Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to re-thread (not the actual bolt) but the part where the bolt meets the chassis, looks like it is stripped. I cant get the bolt to screw in properly, it just keeps turning.

Any solutions? I don't want to have to take that into the dealership to charge me an arm and a leg...

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
A body shop is a better bet

Reactions: BlackTundra52

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
Do you trust yourself with your life?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Go to your local hardware or autoparts store. Figure out what size bolt and thread pitch you have. Purchase the correct size Helicoil kit to drill and rethread the hole. Then install the Helicoil insert and you should be as good as new. This is a real easy fix, very simple to do.

Sent from my LG-P999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure... I was installing sound dampening material... could have caught some dirt in there??? I did all the other bolts and it was fine. Just this one didn't want to cooperate.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hate to bump a super old thread, but does anyone know if the solution to this was a helicoil kit or just take it to an autobody shop? I'm in the same situation, rear passenger seat behind the driver had the seat belt bolt go in a tad sideways and stripped the hole. I have a good bolt - part # 90109-A0025. Anyone know the size/thread pitch on this thing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts