Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just had my truck serviced a couple days ago and they performed a recall (something to do with re-flashing the ECM so it won't go into "limp-home" mode in a certain condition) as well as another one regarding the air pump... the invoice says they replaced the air pump.

So now when I shut off the truck, for about a half to one second, it sounds like an air pump going full blast, kind of like it's purging something.

Does anyone know if this is normal with the new air pump or ECM re-flash?

I called the dealership I had it done at, and as expected, the person I talked to was a wealth of knowledge pretty much saying "Yeah, it sounds like it's going to be normal."

He said I can bring it in for them to look at, but before I take the time to do that, I wanted to get y'alls opinions which would make me feel a lot more comfortable.

If it's normal then I'll leave it be. The sound isn't bothersome, just new to me, lol.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
It's normal. The AIP pumps run for a second after shutting off the truck. I'm sure it's to try and purge any moisture out. Mine does it too since the recall was complete.

·
Registered
877 Posts
My 2013 has done that since the day I brought it home.

Reactions: mindleak

·
Registered
150 Posts
its normal when I took the truck in to get the recall done I noitced it also when I got home. So I took it back and had them look at it and they said it was normal and they brought out 3 other tundras to show that it was normal so nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thanks guys :)

Feel much better about it now, lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bought my 13 DC back in January and I have heard the small pump/motor after shut-off since I brought it home. I just had the ECM reflashed and I can't hear it but was at a noisy dealership. I will listen for it when I get home tonight in a quiet garage. I'm getting ready to call another dealership to see if I can find out what needs to be going on.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Good to know, I noticed it on mine after I got the recall done.

Reactions: NIE_Cal
1 - 8 of 8 Posts