Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night I hear crunching ... The gf said she nudged a (pvc) fence with the tires while cutting it hard in reverse.

This morning I looked and this is what I see ... Apparently it wasn't the tire and she caught the edge of the bumper.

My question(s) for you guy out there are: a) Do you think its just the bumper itself bent, or is it somewhere in the mounting brackets? b) Can it be bent back it and if so what's the best way? c) Is it really worth trying myself? Do I leave it as? Do I take it to a shop?

Automotive exterior Vehicle door Bumper Auto part Rim
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car Auto part
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle Car
Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle Automotive design
Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Bumper Mid-size car
Automotive exterior Bumper Tire Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: theoat

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Looks like she hooked it good. I bet you could park close to the wall, prop up jack sideways between the wall and bumper (put something in between jack and bumper so it don't scuff). Then turn raise the jack slowly so you have controlled pressure to push bumper back in. That's all I got from Mr. Wizards World of Geeks, Nerds and Virgins.

Be sure to make your girlfriend hold jack sideways for doing the damage in the first place. Maybe she get on her hands and knees and balance it on her butt. Then when she asks why she has to do it, tell here because she is such a "jack ass" of a driver. But only do that if you really wants a new girlfriend.:D

Damaging tundras suck. Even more so when its your girlfriend or wife. At least when you do it you can call your self a "mother [email protected]#Ker", which would be a true statement if you had kids :D

Hope it works out. BTW, i am kidding around and don't want you to take this post offensively. Figure anyone part of the Early Morning Breakfast Club was cool like that.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was contemplating trying something like the jack idea just wasn't sure.
I still blame me ... But like I say about other stuff ... It's inky new once .
All in good spirits. You must've already had your coffee this morning. If you have any young singles over there, feel free to ship them ... Bonus if they come with a bumper.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
It should bend back slowly. Just angle the jack slow it is focused on the passenger side corner only so you don't end up pushing the drivers side in. Hope it works out. Metal is soft so I think it will work. just don't push too fast or metal might weaken at crease point and break a tab or something.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
That isn't bad. I kinda wish my woman would do that to mine so she'd have guilt. Then she might be willing to do that thing you've been bugging her to do.

I think you need to ask a few bodyshops for a cash price to push it back. If you don't know what to do, it could be a permanent scar

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
You gotta do it cop interrogation style. Put thick phone book in between so there is no bruising. If the pressure is not evenly distributed, may end up putting a dent dimple in it. Then its new bumpah time...yee haa! :woot:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found a use for the telephone pole in my driveway! Got it pretty close. Having to go in past it because it pushes back out is a little hairy ... So I think its good where it is ... For now at least.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts