Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone cut the box in half, to keep the smaller section for storage? Im adding a sub enclosure which goes under the larger side of the rear seat, and I was thinking of keeping the smaller side there, but then if I sell the truck, there will be nothing under, unless the subs were to sell with the truck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did or I should say started too. I wanted the same thing as you the only issue I have run into is you need to mount the box on the side you cut it or it will move. I used a bolt to the seat frame that is behind it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yes- cut out the small portion for a single sub box- worked out great and didn't want to give up that much storage. Single down fired 12" sub worked out great and gives plenty of sound for my set up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes- cut out the small portion for a single sub box- worked out great and didn't want to give up that much storage. Single down fired 12" sub worked out great and gives plenty of sound for my set up.
Any pics of your setup?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Any pics of your setup?
I'll get some tomorrow- had to pick up the kid today after shooting in a 3D archery league and ran the dogs - so can't even see my seats now let alone anything under them- lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
OK- so excuse the mess... this is what happens when you have WAY TOO MUCH going on :D

I didn't bother cleaning everything up, but you'll get the just. I cut out the one smaller side of the bin, and had a box made up that fits a 12" sub. I've got some protective guards on the bottom to keep the speaker raised, and it's down fired and really fills up the cab nicely. Sure, more subs would be more base, but I can make it kick. I don't need everyone to hear my system while going down the road- it's for me to enjoy. I can play with my settings and you can hear the bass outside the car easily though all the same.

So- I just have the box attached to the storage bin with a small bracket, and also on the other side to the plastic arm where you'd attach the other portion of the storage bin- just to prevent the box from sliding around at all. My seat is usually down, with the car seat base on it- so even with all my crap- nothing gets scuffed up down there :D

The "bent" plastic you see in the close up looking under is the weathertech floor mat - fyi

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks...and not worried about the mess. Ive had little ones, who are now 20. I really appreciate you taking the time to post the pics. Im thinking about cutting the bigger end off, under the double seat in the back.

·
Registered
583 Posts
thanks...and not worried about the mess. Ive had little ones, who are now 20. I really appreciate you taking the time to post the pics. Im thinking about cutting the bigger end off, under the double seat in the back.
anytime - I just didn't want to give up that much storage underneath-I keep all my emergency stuff in that area.

You can see though there's plenty of room to have a box under there. The down fired sub sounds great, plus, if I ever need to have that seat up for some reason, my speaker is protected this way as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everyone. I just took the whole box out, as the sub took up the larger part. Then I mounted the amp to the floor and put the little bit of stuff I had in there in a bag under the seat.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

1 - 13 of 13 Posts